Adding xp sp2 gpo

Hello,
I've tried adding adding the GPO for XP SP2 to my Win2K domain controller
but no luck.
I run mmc from an xp client machine with sp2 on it and I can get to the Add
Standalone Snap-in box then group policy then Add and then I browse for the
GPO but I do not have any available for XP SP2. I have Win2k SP4 and
XPProSP1 but no SP2 listed.
How can I get the SP2 gpo added to this list so I can enforce it on my 2000
server?

Thank You,
Adam

Hi Adam

At the point where you're browsing, you're looking at a list of GPO's that
already exist, not a list of operating system/service pack specific policy
objects.

If you want to add a GPO that contains settings specific to Windows XP SP2,
you can install the .ADM files on your Windows 2000 Domain Controllers.
These are available from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=92759D4B-7112-4B6C-AD4A-BBF3802A5C9B&displaylang=en

Once installed, any new GPO your create, or any GPO that you edit will be
updated so that it contains Windows XP SP2 settings. Non Windows XP SP2
clients will simply ignore the settings they don't understand.

Also, be aware of:

842933 "The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has
been
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842933

An alternative approach is to download and install GPMC on one of your
Windows XP SP2 clients and manage policy from there. In this case, all
GPO's will use the Windows XP SP2 .adm files. GPMC is available from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A6D4C24-8CBD-4B35-9272-DD3CBFC81887&displaylang=en

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"Adam Butler" <adambutler100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've tried adding adding the GPO for XP SP2 to my Win2K domain controller
> but no luck.
> I run mmc from an xp client machine with sp2 on it and I can get to the
> Add Standalone Snap-in box then group policy then Add and then I browse
> for the GPO but I do not have any available for XP SP2. I have Win2k SP4
> and XPProSP1 but no SP2 listed.
> How can I get the SP2 gpo added to this list so I can enforce it on my
> 2000 server?
>
> Thank You,
> Adam

The adm files did the trick!