GPMC and RPC

I'm running a query/report for specific users/computers from the Group
Policy Results Wizard, but the I'm receiving the following error message:

The RPC Server is unavailable.

Your help is this matter is appreciated.

If you are using logging mode the computer that you are including in the
RSOP must be running. if you use planning mode it does not have to be. ---
Steve

"JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote in message
> I'm running a query/report for specific users/computers from the Group
> Policy Results Wizard, but the I'm receiving the following error message:
>
> The RPC Server is unavailable.
>
> Your help is this matter is appreciated.

Thank you for responding...

Resultant Set of Policy is being run in Logging Mode (only one available)
from my XP Pro Workstation SP 2.
Authentication: Windows 2000 Server (AD).

The computer I'm trying to retrieve information from is another XP Pro
Workstation with SP 2; and I can map to the computer.

My System Event Viewer has the following error:

Event ID: 10009

DCOM was unable to communicate with computer ******** using any of the
configured protocols.

Any help is appreciated.

> If you are using logging mode the computer that you are including in the
> RSOP must be running. if you use planning mode it does not have to
> e. --- Steve
>

> "JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote in message
>> I'm running a query/report for specific users/computers from the Group
>> Policy Results Wizard, but the I'm receiving the following error message:
>>
>> The RPC Server is unavailable.
>>
>> Your help is this matter is appreciated.

I found this:

There are two important changes to RSoP in Windows XP Service Pack 2.
. Once Windows Firewall is installed on a computer running Windows XP
Service Pack 2, remote access to RSoP data no longer works from that target
computer.

. If Windows Firewall is enabled, when GPMC is run for the purpose of
using Group Policy Results or Group Policy Modeling to retrieve RSoP data on
a computer running Windows XP Service Pack 2, it will be unable to retrieve
this data.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2maint.mspx

Cheers!

"JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote in message
> I'm running a query/report for specific users/computers from the Group
> Policy Results Wizard, but the I'm receiving the following error message:
>
> The RPC Server is unavailable.
>
> Your help is this matter is appreciated.

OK. That makes sense. The XP SP2 firewall will block any traffic that is not
imitated by the computer unless exceptions have been configured in it. ---