Users getting errors when removing pushed software

I successfully pushed an application to a users computer but when the user
tries to remove it from add/remove programs

It says

Another application has exclusive access to the file
C:\Windows\windowsUpdate.log. Please Shutdown all applications, then click
retry

Why is that? The application has already been shutdown
1 answer Last reply
More about users errors removing pushed software

    This maybe a bug in your Microsoft Windows Installer. Try to update to the
    Installer 2.0 and see if this happens.

    BUG: Error 1376 Using RemoveFile Table with Windows Installer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241928

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b6140f9-2d36-4977-8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&displaylang=en
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cebbacd8-c094-4255-b702-de3bb768148f&displaylang=en

    BR,
    Denis

    "Tony" wrote:

    > I successfully pushed an application to a users computer but when the user
    > tries to remove it from add/remove programs
    >
    > It says
    >
    > Another application has exclusive access to the file
    > C:\Windows\windowsUpdate.log. Please Shutdown all applications, then click
    > retry
    >

    > Why is that? The application has already been shutdown

Microsoft Shutdown Software Windows