software through user configuration

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
November 16, 2004 7:41:36 PM

I am trying to assign software through User configuration but does not work.
If its in computer configuration it does. I tried using both publishedand
assinged and neither one works on loggin on. I did gpupdate /force and
rebooted numerous times

help please
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 4:20:16 AM

Make sure that the user is in the container where the policy is applied when
you configure it for user and that the user has effective read and apply for
the GPO in it's security settings. The support tool gpresult can help in
determining which policies are being applied to a user and when last
applied. --- Steve