software through user configuration

I am trying to assign software through User configuration but does not work.
If its in computer configuration it does. I tried using both publishedand
assinged and neither one works on loggin on. I did gpupdate /force and
rebooted numerous times

help please
1 answer Last reply
More about software user configuration

    Make sure that the user is in the container where the policy is applied when
    you configure it for user and that the user has effective read and apply for
    the GPO in it's security settings. The support tool gpresult can help in
    determining which policies are being applied to a user and when last
    applied. --- Steve

    "Tony" <tonyw@suse.stanford.edu> wrote in message
    >I am trying to assign software through User configuration but does not
    >work. If its in computer configuration it does. I tried using both
    >publishedand assinged and neither one works on loggin on. I did gpupdate
    >/force and rebooted numerous times
    >

    > help please

Configuration Microsoft Software Windows