Folder re-direction for Outlook 2000 not working

Hi,

I've been searching through newsgroups for the solution to my problem but
haven't been able to find one.

I have a Windows/Exchange 2003 domain with Windows XP (SP2) clients. These
clients are all running Outlook 2000. I have set up a Group Policy to enable
folder re-direction. It appears to be working for My Documents and Desktop.
The Application Data is also set and when I log a user on it does populate
their Home Folder with an Application Data folder so I'm assuming this is
working. However, if I configure Outlook on their machine and then log them
on to another machine, the Outlook configuration is not following them. Do I
need to do something in addition to simply re-directed the Application Data
folder as I have done? Or am I simply wrong in assuming their Outlook
profile will follow them around using this method?

Thanks,

Curtis.

====================================
When replying by email please remove the X
====================================

Curtis Fray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been searching through newsgroups for the solution to my problem
> but haven't been able to find one.
>
> I have a Windows/Exchange 2003 domain with Windows XP (SP2) clients.
> These clients are all running Outlook 2000. I have set up a Group
> Policy to enable folder re-direction. It appears to be working for My
> Documents and Desktop. The Application Data is also set and when I
> log a user on it does populate their Home Folder with an Application
> Data folder so I'm assuming this is working. However, if I configure
> Outlook on their machine and then log them on to another machine, the
> Outlook configuration is not following them. Do I need to do
> something in addition to simply re-directed the Application Data
> folder as I have done? Or am I simply wrong in assuming their Outlook
> profile will follow them around using this method?

Yes. You need roaming profiles.