Case Mod Projects

Bl4d3

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
hey all!

just wanted to see some of your own case mods or those of other enthusiasts. i am in the process of modding a case or two myself. post it up.

Storm1234

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Very small project I just did, just put on wheels on one of my comps I'm not really doing anything with, more of my new test mod machine.

It came out decent, still trying to decide if it'll help enough to drill in my new comp, also weights prob 2-3X as much as my test machine, so I don't know how much that'll help or hurt trying to move it.

Storm~

Bl4d3

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
umm... WOW!!! you guys have such magnificent ideas i really love the japanese cut out 3lfking. that this is gonna be so bad ass. and tool i really like your case as well. very unique with the wood construction. i especially like the inside of your case tool. keep me posted on your new pics guys i really love to see them. THANKS

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
same here whilst i have a an idea in progress its going to take a while to come to fruition which is why i wasnt too dismayed when Crysis got put back a bit i think i have a good 4 months left of building by which time hopefully Vista will be on SP1, 45nm C2 and Core quads will be out, and either 8900's or r600 will be at a reasonable price. I have said in previous posts taht i dont think now is an ideal time to upgrade due to DX10 titles not being availible and Vista in its Infancy. however i think that now is the absolute ideal time to be Modding in preparation for a new build

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
That is a cool case......you must have gotten an A in wood shop :wink:

There is a magazine...I think maximum pc that you can send a picture of your modded case to and if they pick it as their favorite they feature it in their magazine and give you a gift card for 500 bucks to Tiger Direct.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Cool, I always wish they made a big single window on the case. I have a side panel (window half) of an Antec SuperLanboy if you ever had a need for it I can ship it to ya for cost of shipping. It has a couple small scratches but it is a real nice piece that should be of use for someone if not me later :)

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Fair enough, the Lanboy acrylic is real thin but is very stiff and sturdy for how thin it is, great possibility for a hard drive window practice run on an old drive sometime. I keep it around because I know it is going to come in handy :)

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
One thing I suggest to highlight the etching is to use a few UV LEDs mixed in with whatever other color you want. If you don't want the purplish UV light, just sandwich a single UV LED between 2 or 4 of the color you want. I noticed it really brings out the etching. I haven't implemented it into a design because I spent my mod budget on my wood case, summertime will bring a little cash to work on a case I am building for my girlfriend.