administrator

i was setting up account..and putting a password on my administrator, and
created a guest account.. the guest account now shows up and my
administrator is invisible, and don't know how to retreave it.. pleas would
someone help me....
12 answers Last reply
More about administrator

    Original Administrator Account Does Not Appear During Friendly Logon Method
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281992&Product=winxp

    Enable Administrator account on Welcome Screen
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_admin_ok.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "tecno79" <tecno79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i was setting up account..and putting a password on my administrator,
    >and
    > created a guest account.. the guest account now shows up and my
    > administrator is invisible, and don't know how to retreave it.. pleas
    > would
    > someone help me....

    Depends on WHICH version of Windows XP that you use. For Windows XP
    Home, you must reboot into Safe Mode and then can login under the
    Administrator account. For Windows XP Professional, it depends if you
    are using the Fisher-Price "Welcome Screen" or the classic login screen.
    The Welcome Screen is NOT used if you log into a domain or if you
    configure Windows XP Pro to use the classic login screen. If you see
    the Welcome Screen, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del *twice* to get the classic login
    prompt to then enter Administrator (and its password). If using the
    classic login screen, just enter Administrator for the username and its
    password.

    Hi,

    To access the default administrator account:

    In WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen and type it in.

    In WinXP Home, you must restart and enter Safe mode by hitting F8 at
    startup. The administrator logon will be one of the options.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "tecno79" <tecno79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i was setting up account..and putting a password on my administrator, and
    > created a guest account.. the guest account now shows up and my
    > administrator is invisible, and don't know how to retreave it.. pleas
    > would
    > someone help me....

    Sorry Rick,

    But I don't understand...

    le/on Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:13:19 -0500, tu disais/you said:-

    >Hi,
    >
    >To access the default administrator account:
    >
    >In WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen and type it in.

    'it'? What?

    The Administrator password? "Administrator"?

    I don't need to do this, but I'd like to be able to understand your answer.

    --
    All the Best
    Ian Hoare

    Salut/Hi Vanguard,

    le/on Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:55:27 -0600, tu disais/you said:-

    >Depends on WHICH version of Windows XP that you use. For Windows XP
    >Home, you must reboot into Safe Mode and then can login under the
    >Administrator account. For Windows XP Professional, it depends if you
    >are using the Fisher-Price "Welcome Screen"

    Fisher Price?

    Is that some kind of expertspeak way of being rude?

    --
    All the Best
    Ian Hoare

    It refers to the icons that appear for each of the users. Unless you have
    substituted personal pictures of the users of your computer, the idealized
    representations from the XP library appear. Some people refer to these with
    nicknames like "Fisher Price People" because of their resemblance to the
    roundheaded figures. It is neither 'expertspeak' or rudeness. Just
    shorthand.

    "Ian Hoare" <ianhoare@angelfire.com> wrote in message
    > Salut/Hi Vanguard,
    >
    > le/on Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:55:27 -0600, tu disais/you said:-
    >

    >>Depends on WHICH version of Windows XP that you use. For Windows XP
    >>Home, you must reboot into Safe Mode and then can login under the
    >>Administrator account. For Windows XP Professional, it depends if you
    >>are using the Fisher-Price "Welcome Screen"
    >
    > Fisher Price?
    >
    > Is that some kind of expertspeak way of being rude?
    >

    > --
    > All the Best
    > Ian Hoare
    > http://www.souvigne.com
    > mailbox full to avoid spam. try me at website

    "Ian Hoare" <ianhoare@angelfire.com> wrote in message
    > Salut/Hi Vanguard,
    >
    > le/on Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:55:27 -0600, tu disais/you said:-
    >

    >>Depends on WHICH version of Windows XP that you use. For Windows XP
    >>Home, you must reboot into Safe Mode and then can login under the
    >>Administrator account. For Windows XP Professional, it depends if you
    >>are using the Fisher-Price "Welcome Screen"
    >
    > Fisher Price?
    >
    > Is that some kind of expertspeak way of being rude?

    Would you have preferred me to refer to the new more graphical Welcome
    Screen as the glitzy one? Most users can't visualize what you mean when
    you simply say the old and new login interfaces. Actually I picked up
    on the Fisher-Price reference from other posters and figured it was a
    good way to differentiate it. I prefer the classic login prompt and the
    classic Start menu except I do like the MRU list in new more graphical,
    larger sized, and more functioned (whew) Start menu.

    Ian Hoare wrote:
    > Sorry Rick,
    >
    > But I don't understand...
    >
    > le/on Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:13:19 -0500, tu disais/you said:-
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>To access the default administrator account:
    >>
    >>In WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen and type it in.
    >

    > 'it'? What?
    >
    > The Administrator password? "Administrator"?
    >
    > I don't need to do this, but I'd like to be able to understand your answer.

    Type "administrator" (without the quotes), in the Username, and whatever
    password you have in the password box. If the version of XP came
    pre-installed, than there probably is no password - just leave the box
    blank.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    Director
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Salut/Hi Gordon,

    Rick said

    >>>To access the default administrator account:
    >>>
    >>>In WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen and type it in.

    I asked

    le/on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:08:12 +0000, tu disais/you said:-

    >Type "administrator" (without the quotes), in the Username, and whatever
    >password you have in the password box. If the version of XP came
    >pre-installed, than there probably is no password - just leave the box
    >blank.

    Thanks very much. I know that it's a pain sometimes when people ask
    elementary questions but nearly all questions are elementary when you know
    the answer!!! It's all too easy to forget sometimes that what is obvious to
    the person writing the reply isn't anything like as clear to someone reading
    it!

    --
    All the Best
    Ian Hoare

    Salut/Hi "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com>,

    le/on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:47:05 -0700, tu disais/you said:-

    >It refers to the icons that appear for each of the users. Unless you have
    >substituted personal pictures of the users of your computer, the idealized
    >representations from the XP library appear. Some people refer to these with
    >nicknames like "Fisher Price People" because of their resemblance to the
    >roundheaded figures. It is neither 'expertspeak' or rudeness. Just
    >shorthand.

    Thanks again. I only know Fisher Price as a manufacturer of plastics
    children's toys. In >25 years dealing with computers, I'd never heard the
    expression. I've obviously mixed with the wrong people.

    --
    All the Best
    Ian Hoare

    The children are better. :)

    > Salut/Hi "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com>,
    >
    > le/on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:47:05 -0700, tu disais/you said:-
    >
    >>It refers to the icons that appear for each of the users. Unless you have
    >>substituted personal pictures of the users of your computer, the idealized
    >>representations from the XP library appear. Some people refer to these
    >>with
    >>nicknames like "Fisher Price People" because of their resemblance to the
    >>roundheaded figures. It is neither 'expertspeak' or rudeness. Just
    >>shorthand.
    >
    > Thanks again. I only know Fisher Price as a manufacturer of plastics
    > children's toys. In >25 years dealing with computers, I'd never heard the
    > expression. I've obviously mixed with the wrong people.
    >
    > --
    > All the Best
    > Ian Hoare
    > http://www.souvigne.com
    > mailbox full to avoid spam. try me at website

    Salut/Hi Vanguard,

    Thanks for replying.
    le/on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:32:52 -0600, tu disais/you said:-

    >>> For Windows XP Professional, it depends if you are using the Fisher-Price "Welcome Screen"

    >> Fisher Price?

    >> Is that some kind of expertspeak way of being rude?

    >Would you have preferred me to refer to the new more graphical Welcome
    >Screen as the glitzy one?

    Grin - I don't know!! You see, I didn't know there was more than one kind,
    and I was curious which one _I_ was using! But your ref to F-P passed
    completely over my head and I guessed it might be a somewhat disapproving
    reference to something. Hence my - slightly acid - question.

    > Most users can't visualize what you mean when you simply say the old and new login interfaces.

    I didn't even know there WERE two interfaces. (Grin again).

    --
    All the Best
    Ian Hoare

Microsoft Windows XP