Wallpaper

I want to apply various wallpapers to all workstations, with different
design on difference machine.
Can it be done on 'Computer Config' in Group policy?
2 answers Last reply
More about wallpaper

    I suppose there is no wallpaper setting in Computer settings.

    User Config\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop\Active Desktop
    Wallpaper

    "Specifies the desktop background (wallpaper) displayed on all users'
    desktops. This setting lets you specify the wallpaper on users' desktops and
    prevents users from changing the image or its presentation. The wallpaper you
    specify can be stored in a bitmap (*.bmp), JPEG (*.jpg), or HTML (*.htm,
    *.html) file. To use this setting, type the fully qualified path and name of
    the file that stores the wallpaper image. You can type a local path, such as
    C:\Windows\web\wallpaper\home.jpg or a UNC path, such as
    \\Server\Share\Corp.jpg. If the specified file is not available when the user
    logs on, no wallpaper is displayed. Users cannot specify alternative
    wallpaper. You can also use this setting to specify that the wallpaper image
    be centered, tiled, or stretched. Users cannot change this specification. If
    you disable this setting or do not configure it, no wallpaper is displayed.
    However, users can select the wallpaper of their choice. Also, see the Allow
    only bitmapped wallpaper in the same location, and the Prevent changing
    wallpaper setting in User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control
    Panel. Note: You need to enable the Active Desktop to use this setting.
    Note: This setting does not apply to Terminal Server sessions."

    BR,
    Denis

    "Emyeu" wrote:

    > I want to apply various wallpapers to all workstations, with different
    > design on difference machine.
    > Can it be done on 'Computer Config' in Group policy?

    hey, i tried this and it didn't work. i even enabled Active Desktop and
    disabled the "bitmap only" option. any ideas why?

    do GPO's need to be enabled somewhere beforehand? this is the first
    GPO we've applied in our domain.

    thanks.

    --
    gomerman