DELL already prepping its K8L Barcelona line

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/01/23/dell_four_opteron/

Looks like DELL has seem some K8L alpha silicon ...and it likes

and before you guys attack me.... just look at this fact

DELL would never mention the name AMD just a year ago.... now they are mentionning BARCELONA this early? thats odd for DELL

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/01/23/dell_four_opteron/

Looks like DELL has seem some K8L alpha silicon ...and it likes

and before you guys attack me.... just look at this fact

DELL would never mention the name AMD just a year ago.... now they are mentionning BARCELONA this early? thats odd for DELL

Why would Dell mention AMD a year ago??? they didnt have a contract 1 year ago :roll:

Jeez....study the facts before you spew the tripe...fanboy

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
my friend..... i know DELL didnt have an AMD contract a year ago.... It just seems ODD DELL would speak on the K8L at this point....

when Intel is so dominant....

that my angle

now lighten up son...

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
my friend..... i know DELL didnt have an AMD contract a year ago.... It just seems ODD DELL would speak on the K8L at this point....

when Intel is so dominant....

that my angle

now lighten up son...

Then why bother making the remark
in the first place :roll:

And I think we know what your angle is.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Either I am reading a different link, or there is nothing saying that Dell is going to use Barcelona in their servers.

All I read was an AMD VP saying "Barcelona would represent another one of those inflection points, and Dell would be the most likely to (expand their product line)." That's not Dell, but AMD VP Allen saying that.

In fact, it states that:
Such an expansion of Dell's server line would quash faint whispers that the company is so far unsatisfied with its Opteron rollout.

Allen dismissed any notions that Dell intends to pullback on its Opteron push.

So, if Barcelona does arrive in time, Mr. Allen (AMD VP) is saying that Dell could be the first OEM vendor to use it, not that Dell is prepping for Barcelona already. Heck, the first paragraph showed just how much it took for Dell to even run Opteron based server lineups.

Dell today promotes two Opteron systems - the four-socket PowerEdge 6950 and the two-socket SC1435. And getting those two boxes wasn't easy. It took an army of consultants, hypnotists, savvy executives and customers to persuade Dell of Opteron's merits.

TRENDING THREADS