I posted a message on 2/12 at 3:10 AM asking how to remove the "image"
file that is put on the "C" drive when dragging a file to a CD Burner
drive.
I did what others suggested go to C:\Documents &
Settings\<username>\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD
Burning and it was fine except that when I got to the CD Burning file
there wasn't anything in it. Does this mean the files were not
"imaged?"
Thank you.

Generally, these files are temporary in nature and removed automatically
when you are done running the CD Burning wizard.

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I posted a message on 2/12 at 3:10 AM asking how to remove the "image"
> file that is put on the "C" drive when dragging a file to a CD Burner
> drive.
> I did what others suggested go to C:\Documents &
> Settings\<username>\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD
> Burning and it was fine except that when I got to the CD Burning file
> there wasn't anything in it. Does this mean the files were not
> "imaged?"
> Thank you.

bar

When using XP to 'copy' files to a CD, there is a temporay folder into which
all folders\subfolders\files are written. This becomes an 'image' of the
original source material. As such it is a likeness [exact in every detail],
but is not the source file itself [as that is stored in another location].

Should the process be completed successfully; or if failed and you choose to
abandon the burining process, then the 'image file' is deleted, being no
longer useful.

The same image file, can be temporailiy saved by the Operating SYstem, if
you are making more than one CD of the source data.

To answer the second part of your questions, the image may have been created
successfully; but once no loger required it is deleted.