Restricting logon hours?

I have changed the allowed logon hours of users to prevent them logging in
between midnight and 5 AM (when the back-up runs) and changed the GP under

Computer Configuration-
Windows Settings-
Local Policies-
Security Options-
Automatically log off users when logon time expires to enabled

But the users are still left logged in when the logon time is not permitted.
If the user tries to login during this time they cannot but they are able to
leave their PC's logged in without it having any effect.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:15:28 -0000, "Richard Garratt" <rgarratt@lopinwagner.co.uk> wrote:

>I have changed the allowed logon hours of users to prevent them logging in
>between midnight and 5 AM (when the back-up runs) and changed the GP under
>
>Computer Configuration-
>Windows Settings-
>Local Policies-
>Security Options-
>Automatically log off users when logon time expires to enabled
>
>But the users are still left logged in when the logon time is not permitted.
>If the user tries to login during this time they cannot but they are able to
>leave their PC's logged in without it having any effect.

This is actually the designed behavior. The policy does NOT work as named.
See tip 4235 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

See tip 8526 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP