IE GP Settings

rafael

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

What i am trying to do is basic but i am not sure if i am setting it up
correctly. i am some what new to GP so i am sure i am doing something wrong.
I created an Ou with a policy for IE it uses a dummy proxy and disables the
internet options pannel. i do not want to change my existing OU structure so
i created a new ou with the policy i then created a group so when i add users
to this group in the OU with the GP it will be applied... this is the problem
it is not being applied. i have added the group to the sicurity of the GP i
have given read and appliy Group policy. the only thing that i want in the OU
is the group so when i add the users to the group they get the policy.
please let me know if i am doing something wrong.
thanks
Rafael

Hi Rafael

Group policy doesn't work this way. The users have to reside in the OU
heirarchy for the GPO's to apply to them. The location of the group in
Active Directory has no effect.

Kind regards
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]