Computers in Groups

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

I wanted to deploy Microsoft Office to computers. I joined two test
computers to a "Microsoft Office Deployment" group and put that group in an
OU. That OU is linked to my software deployement GPO.

Unfortunately, the deployment to the computers did not work. However, it
did work when I dragged the test computers into the OU without having them in
the "Microsoft Office Deployment" group.

Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance!

This is by design. You must put the computer objects in the OU linked with GPO.

BR,
Denis