Disappearing Equipment

Hello

I am experienceing strange behavior when I join games with existing Custom
equipment. The game engine is randomly removing equipment from my
character. The equipment that is being removed is both custom created and
standard items. I am wondering where this is scripted into the modules
because I can take the character back into my own modules and the equipment
remains. Any help would be appreciated.

Shenzai

"Shenzai" <shenzai@shenzai.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am experienceing strange behavior when I join games with existing Custom
> equipment. The game engine is randomly removing equipment from my
> character. The equipment that is being removed is both custom created and
> standard items. I am wondering where this is scripted into the modules
> because I can take the character back into my own modules and the
equipment
> remains. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Shenzai

I'll sell you your items back to you for a price....

Malcom Master Thief

Shenzai wrote:
> I am experienceing strange behavior when I join games with existing Custom
> equipment. The game engine is randomly removing equipment from my
> character. The equipment that is being removed is both custom created and
> standard items. I am wondering where this is scripted into the modules
> because I can take the character back into my own modules and the equipment
> remains. Any help would be appreciated.

The easiest answer would be that whoever is hosting the game doesn't
like certain abilities and has written a script to remove equipment that
grants them.

It's really hard to say without be able to look at the exact module that
you're having the problem with.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:21:46 -0600, Shenzai wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am experienceing strange behavior when I join games with existing Custom
> equipment. The game engine is randomly removing equipment from my
> character. The equipment that is being removed is both custom created and
> standard items. I am wondering where this is scripted into the modules
> because I can take the character back into my own modules and the equipment
> remains. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Shenzai

>> The easiest answer would be that whoever is hosting the game doesn't
>> like certain abilities and has written a script to remove equipment that
>> grants them.

Right, some mods and some DM's strip equipment. One that I was on
stripped all things with immunes. Another stripped any item that
wasn't within a gp value range.

Check the rules, there most likely is something about this there.

"gobadaba" <gabadaba@sehag.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:21:46 -0600, Shenzai wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am experienceing strange behavior when I join games with existing
>> Custom
>> equipment. The game engine is randomly removing equipment from my
>> character. The equipment that is being removed is both custom created
>> and
>> standard items. I am wondering where this is scripted into the modules
>> because I can take the character back into my own modules and the
>> equipment
>> remains. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Shenzai
>
>>> The easiest answer would be that whoever is hosting the game doesn't
>>> like certain abilities and has written a script to remove equipment that
>>> grants them.
>
> Right, some mods and some DM's strip equipment. One that I was on
> stripped all things with immunes. Another stripped any item that
> wasn't within a gp value range.
>
> Check the rules, there most likely is something about this there.

Thank you guys for responding,

Where in a module would I find the area that strips items. I even ported
the character to the NWN OC Prelude and a few of the items with CEP
graphics, and all had "on hit" abilities, they were ripped. Could it be the
on hit part?

However for me I can't seem to find the part of the mod that would strip
equipment over a certain gp value etc. can you better tell me how to search
for this. I tried under the module properties, but the scripts there were
generic.

Shenzai

Shenzai wrote:

> Where in a module would I find the area that strips items. I even
> ported the character to the NWN OC Prelude and a few of the items
> with CEP graphics, and all had "on hit" abilities, they were ripped.
> Could it be the on hit part?

The OC modules doesn't have any links to hak paks like the CEP stuff. If
you import a character which is carrying CEP made items into such a module,
then the objects will probably still exist, but the resources are missing.
Therefor they will at least become invisible.

> However for me I can't seem to find the part of the mod that would
> strip equipment over a certain gp value etc. can you better tell me
> how to search for this. I tried under the module properties, but the
> scripts there were generic.

Another possible location to place such kind of scripts would be the
starting area of the module (the <on enter> event).

HTH
Hans

> "gobadaba" <gabadaba@sehag.com> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:21:46 -0600, Shenzai wrote:
> >
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I am experienceing strange behavior when I join games with existing
> >> Custom
> >> equipment. The game engine is randomly removing equipment from my
> >> character. The equipment that is being removed is both custom created
> >> and
> >> standard items. I am wondering where this is scripted into the modules
> >> because I can take the character back into my own modules and the
> >> equipment
> >> remains. Any help would be appreciated.
> >>
> >> Shenzai

> > Right, some mods and some DM's strip equipment. One that I was on
> > stripped all things with immunes. Another stripped any item that
> > wasn't within a gp value range.
> >
> > Check the rules, there most likely is something about this there.
> >

> Thank you guys for responding,
>
> Where in a module would I find the area that strips items. I even
ported
> the character to the NWN OC Prelude and a few of the items with CEP
> graphics, and all had "on hit" abilities, they were ripped. Could it be
the
> on hit part?
>
> However for me I can't seem to find the part of the mod that would strip
> equipment over a certain gp value etc. can you better tell me how to
search
> for this. I tried under the module properties, but the scripts there were
> generic.
>
> Shenzai

Usually items being stripped are done in the OnEnter event for the area.
It's going to vary from mod to mod. In my PW, all players are checked upon
logging on to determine if they are a new player or returning one. If they
are new, a new player script runs that strips all items, gold and exp and
sets their starting gold to an amt. based on their class. They are also
given some very basic starting items.