Configuring Registry Values with GPMC or MMC

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

How are the Registry Values of a group policy configured with GPMC or MMC?
Any of these, for example:
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Disableipsourcerouting=4,2
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Enabledeadgwdetect=4,0
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Enableicmpredirect=4,0
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Keepalivetime=4,300000
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Performrouterdiscovery=4,0
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Synattackprotect=4,2
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Tcpmaxhalfopen=4,200
Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Tcpmaxhalfopenretired=4,160

are visible with GPMC but I can not edit their values without having to
create an INF and importing it.
Thank you.

If you want to create custom admin template for your registry changes, take a
look at this.

HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323639

BR,
Denis

"Ted" wrote:

> How are the Registry Values of a group policy configured with GPMC or MMC?
> Any of these, for example:
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Disableipsourcerouting=4,2
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Enabledeadgwdetect=4,0
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Enableicmpredirect=4,0
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Keepalivetime=4,300000
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Performrouterdiscovery=4,0
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Synattackprotect=4,2
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Tcpmaxhalfopen=4,200
> Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Tcpmaxhalfopenretired=4,160
>
> are visible with GPMC but I can not edit their values without having to
> create an INF and importing it.
> Thank you.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Denis,
Thank you for your reply. I believe that this is the course I should
take. I have found more information on creating and using ADM files now that
you have guided me in the right direction.
Ted.