Can I use Group Policy to deploy MS Office patches

Hi,

I'm new to group policy, I don't even have it install yet. Can I use Group
Policies to deploy software updates like MS Office patches?

Thanks in Advance,
Jeff

I don't believe you can, well just not yet... but you can use SUS for all
Windows Updates:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A7AA96E4-6E41-4F54-972C-AE66A4E4BF6C&displaylang=en

Microsoft has beta WUS out, and should be able to update Office patches:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/wus/trial.mspx

There are third party packages available, but the downside is there not
free:

http://www.executive.com/licensing/systems-management.asp

HTH

"JeffH" <anonymous@imrf.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to group policy, I don't even have it install yet. Can I use
> Group
> Policies to deploy software updates like MS Office patches?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Jeff

I believe you can use it to install anything that is a .msi, .msp, .mst,
application. See the links below and be sure to try on a test network first.
The last two links refer to an administrative install point also as a way to
do such. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/swinstall.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/xp/journ/wrd1006a.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/xp/one/depb01.htm