Migrating from one domain to another

Andrew

Hello all,

My current org runs a single win2k domain with exchange2k and needs to
change the forest name, i have searched and found that it is not possible.
How would you go about a migration to another win2k domain?
We are going to build a new AD win2k forest and setup trusts between the 2
domains, can the objects in AD be exported into the new forest?
Would the computer accounts need to be joined manualy to the new domain?
Can the user accounts be migrated?
I realise exchange wil not transfer between domains, but is it possible to
move the mailboxes between servers in seperate forests, as oppossed to
ripping them to pst files and recreating accounts on the new server in the
new domain?

I appreciated theres a lot of questions there, but any info would be much
appreciated. if anyone else has done this type of thing before, how did it
go for you?

TIA, Andrew

Andrew

Just reaslised I posted in the wrong group, please ignore Ill go to the AD
group.
Sorry