Group policy assigned software problem

Hi all,

I have trouble getting assigned programs installed using group plolicy for
computers. Some programs getts installed others don't (while testing it is
not the same programs not beeing installed), they simply does not seem to be
detected during group policy processing.

my configruation is:
w2k mixed mode domain (the same result in w2k native mode)(sp's and patches)
client computer in OU "TEST"
Group policy for OU "TEST"
Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon: Enabled
Software installation: assigned for computer object
computer object r&e on program share
XP sp2 client (sp1 same result)
firewall:eek:ff
AppMgmtDebugLevel: 4b
DNS = ok

I have tried to assign multiple applications using one or more group
policies, but get the same problem: all assigned programs are not installed,
no error messages recieved, and according to appmgmt.log they does not seem
to exist in the policy. Here is an example where two programs were assigned
(MyApplication1 and Myapplication2) through MyPolicy:

in Appmgmt.log:
Enumerating applications in the Active Directory for computer MyComputer
with flags 5.
The following applications were found in policy MyPolicy.
Assigned application MyApplication1 (flags a0004c70).
Found 1 applications in policy MyPolicy.

- where is the other application?

-please, anyone?

This seems not to be a problem anymore:
after running "gpupdate/Target:computer /Force" once on the WXP client
computer aall seems to work just fine, all of the assigned programs are
detected and installed.
What makes med wonder is that it works just fine even after reinstallation
of the client computer...?

"eva" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have trouble getting assigned programs installed using group plolicy for
> computers. Some programs getts installed others don't (while testing it is
> not the same programs not beeing installed), they simply does not seem to be
> detected during group policy processing.
>
> my configruation is:
> w2k mixed mode domain (the same result in w2k native mode)(sp's and patches)
> client computer in OU "TEST"
> Group policy for OU "TEST"
> Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon: Enabled
> Software installation: assigned for computer object
> computer object r&e on program share
> XP sp2 client (sp1 same result)
> firewall:eek:ff
> AppMgmtDebugLevel: 4b
> DNS = ok
>
> I have tried to assign multiple applications using one or more group
> policies, but get the same problem: all assigned programs are not installed,
> no error messages recieved, and according to appmgmt.log they does not seem
> to exist in the policy. Here is an example where two programs were assigned
> (MyApplication1 and Myapplication2) through MyPolicy:
>
> in Appmgmt.log:
> Enumerating applications in the Active Directory for computer MyComputer
> with flags 5.
> The following applications were found in policy MyPolicy.
> Assigned application MyApplication1 (flags a0004c70).
> Found 1 applications in policy MyPolicy.
>
> - where is the other application?
>
> -please, anyone?

If you reinstalled the operating system and joined the computer to the
domain and it is in the proper container for the GPO it should work
ine. --- Steve

"eva" <eva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This seems not to be a problem anymore:
> after running "gpupdate/Target:computer /Force" once on the WXP client
> computer aall seems to work just fine, all of the assigned programs are
> detected and installed.
> What makes med wonder is that it works just fine even after reinstallation
> of the client computer...?
>

> "eva" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have trouble getting assigned programs installed using group plolicy
>> for
>> computers. Some programs getts installed others don't (while testing it
>> is
>> not the same programs not beeing installed), they simply does not seem to
>> be
>> detected during group policy processing.
>>
>> my configruation is:
>> w2k mixed mode domain (the same result in w2k native mode)(sp's and
>> patches)
>> client computer in OU "TEST"
>> Group policy for OU "TEST"
>> Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon: Enabled
>> Software installation: assigned for computer object
>> computer object r&e on program share
>> XP sp2 client (sp1 same result)
>> firewall:eek:ff
>> AppMgmtDebugLevel: 4b
>> DNS = ok
>>
>> I have tried to assign multiple applications using one or more group
>> policies, but get the same problem: all assigned programs are not
>> installed,
>> no error messages recieved, and according to appmgmt.log they does not
>> seem
>> to exist in the policy. Here is an example where two programs were
>> assigned
>> (MyApplication1 and Myapplication2) through MyPolicy:
>>
>> in Appmgmt.log:
>> Enumerating applications in the Active Directory for computer MyComputer
>> with flags 5.
>> The following applications were found in policy MyPolicy.
>> Assigned application MyApplication1 (flags a0004c70).
>> Found 1 applications in policy MyPolicy.
>>
>> - where is the other application?
>>
>> -please, anyone?

yes it should, but the problem i had did not seem to work that way. While
testing I have tried different installations on the client with and without
sp2 for windows XP, two different w2k domains, mixed and native mode, and of
cource different GPO's and different software pakages. The only thing that
made a big difference was running "gpupdate/Target:computer /Force" from the
client.