How about a Foxconn 880GTS Factory Overclocked?

deeve

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
I was just looking at the Foxconn FV-N88SMBD2-ODOC GeForce 8800GTS factory overclocked. It looks pretty good according to the specs at Newegg

I tried to read up on it, but there is not much information around. My concerns are whether it will run too hot, and/or be less reliable. Foxconn seems to be a "less expensive" type of brand and I wanna know if it will hold up over time too.

Thanks!
Dave

I agree.
XFX, eVGA or BFG is the way to go.

From what I hear, evga has the best warrinties out there.
Covers most anything incluging overclocking.
They also offer a step up program for when the next revission of the 8800 comes out.

That's not to say the one you found is a bad card, though.
For the price it has really good clocks.
I might recommend going with the evga offering and overclocking it your self.
This way you know you will have quality parts and a good warinty.

jonrem

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I think a better known manufacturer would be preferred, but if the price is right.......... I personally have an XFX GTX and am a little miffed at how skimpy the bundle was for $550. Not one piece of non-driver software, so keep that in mind.

deeve

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Good points...Newegg is OOS on the Foxconn with none in until after the rebate, which makes it loose some of the alure. Wish the GTX's were a little cheaper...my new system build budget is maxed already :(

Looks like the eVGA's only have a two year warranty. The Foxconn is 3 years. XFX cards have teh double lifetime, but not sure if that covers an OC'd card. BFG also has a lifetime warranty on their cards as well. Looks like as far as warranty goes XFX is the way to go. The only thing I noticed about their cards is that they has a single power plug, while the others have a double into one power. How much difference is that?

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
The only thing I noticed about their cards is that they has a single power plug, while the others have a double into one power. How much difference is that?

lol, gts cards have one pcie power plug and gtx has two

deeve

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
The only thing I noticed about their cards is that they has a single power plug, while the others have a double into one power. How much difference is that?

lol, gts cards have one pcie power plug and gtx has two

Most I have seen use an adapter that takes two Molex connections into one that goes on the board...I ended up going with the eVGA. One has a lifetime warranty so I went with that one for $370.00

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
well lifetime warranty is good i guess , if you plan on playing Quake 10 in 10 years from now with a 8800 GTS. :lol: Anyway , since i believe this first batch of 8800`s is pretty much the same whatever brand you choose i would say get the cheapest one you can find.I`m surprised they sell factory OCed cards since i think nvidia told them not to.I got myself an Albatron card - cheap with no software bundle at all - and it was OCed a bit as well.Has anyone really noticed any difference between different brands in design or build quality?