Remote assistance/desktop

Hi

I would like to configure my workstations so that my admin team can connect
remotely to them without the remote assistance invite, to either view what a
user is doing to or to take control and assist.

Can this be set up using a GPO? If so how?

Thanks

More about remote assistance desktop

    Their is a GP setting that allows you to offer assistance without an invite.
    Look under computer configuration/administrative templates/system/remote
    assistance - offer remote assistance and set it to enabled. Since this is
    computer configuration, the computers that you want this enabled on must be
    under the scope of influence of the Group Policy. The links below offer more
    detailed info. To offer Remote Assistance the helper/expert will need to
    open Help and Support/Pick a Task/use Tools/offer Remote
    Assistance. --Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301527&sd=tech
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884910 -- additional info for XP SP2

    "huff-n-puff" <huffnpuff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to configure my workstations so that my admin team can
    > connect
    > remotely to them without the remote assistance invite, to either view what
    > user is doing to or to take control and assist.
    >
    > Can this be set up using a GPO? If so how?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi

    There's no way to just take control of a user's machine with remote
    assistance. There has to be some level of interaction between the "expert"
    and the "user". As Steven said in his post, there's a policy which
    determines the direction from which the assistance can be offered or
    requested.

    HTH
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team

    "huff-n-puff" <huffnpuff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to configure my workstations so that my admin team can
    > connect
    > remotely to them without the remote assistance invite, to either view what
    > user is doing to or to take control and assist.
    >
    > Can this be set up using a GPO? If so how?
    >
    > Thanks

    see also
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826088

    and

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555179.

    There are some possibly useful URLs at the end of the above article.

    Getting to the Offer Remote Assistance panel in Help and Suport is a bit
    convoluted, so you might want to create a shortcut with this "target".

    hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/unsolicitedrcui.htm.

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP

    It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

    "huff-n-puff" <huffnpuff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to configure my workstations so that my admin team can
    > connect
    > remotely to them without the remote assistance invite, to either view what
    > user is doing to or to take control and assist.
    >
    > Can this be set up using a GPO? If so how?
    >
    > Thanks

Desktops Windows