Event ID 109 & 1000 Folder Redirection

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 1, 2004 9:54:03 PM

On our 1 Windows 2000 Server/Terminal Server we have a OU named
"Terminal Servers" and a Group Policy call "SurfTS Policy" being
applied to that OU with Read and Apply to a specific user group which
all Terminal Server users belong to.

When user logon using Terminal Services the Application event log
records 2 errors.

Error #1 is 109 as follows:

"Failed to read redirection settings for policy SurfTS Policy. The
following error occurred while accessing the initialization file:
Access is denied."

Error #2 1000 is as follows:

"The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection was passed
flags (0) and returned a failure status code of (5)."

We have specified Folder redirection with the SurfTS Policy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

FL
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 11:33:03 PM

Since you get an Access Denied error, make sure the permission on the policy
folder is correct by using gpresult /v

BR,
Denis

!