RAMDisk bsod prior to logging into Win 7 Ult x64

Mandude

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
Hello,

When ever I start RAMdisk Driver, (Fat32, Temp Folder created) RAMdisk Driver started. I shut my computer down and later needed to use it and I kept getting the bsod. I know it's from Ramdisk because I recovered computer shut down, restarted as normal, then I started RAMdisk driver, shutdown windows, restarted and bsod.

How can I get windows to boot up with RAMdisk driver running. I have a lot of temp files going to ramdisk and it's a pain to start up (I know typical) RAMdisk everytime so I can begin using my many programs which utilize RAMdisk for temp and scrachdisks and what not.

I just want windows to start up like normal with RAMdisk already started w/out problems (I know wishful thinking).

techguy2011

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

I am using Win7 Pro 64-bit and I too am experiencing the same exact problem. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution with no success. I have tried everything I know to do, still to no success. Maybe once enough of us start experiencing a problem we can pinpoint some common denominators...