Screensaver Policies

matt

Is there a method to specify that a user must use a screensaver (any
one), that it is password protected, and that it must be set to
activate less than a certain time period?

We would like to enforce a policy that would in affect ensure all
desktops are locked after 10 minutes, or earlier. We don't care what
people use for their screensaver. Some people prefer that their
screen lock in shorter periods of time (including myself).

Thanks in advance.

Matt

I dont' think you will be able get the flexibility that you want. I don't
think there is a way to say "at least this amount of time". See the
following settings:

User Configuration
Administrative Templates
Control Panel
Display
Password Protect the screen saver
Screen Saver
Screen Saver timeout

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

"Matt" <mjnews@mljenkins.com> wrote in message
> Is there a method to specify that a user must use a screensaver (any
> one), that it is password protected, and that it must be set to
> activate less than a certain time period?
>
> We would like to enforce a policy that would in affect ensure all
> desktops are locked after 10 minutes, or earlier. We don't care what
> people use for their screensaver. Some people prefer that their
> screen lock in shorter periods of time (including myself).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Matt

What you want to do is not possible--because the screensaver "(None)" is a
valid choice, which would defeat your screensaver policy. At my place, we
assign the 3d logo screensaver--something we're assured will be on every pc.
We also assign the screensaver activation time at 15 minutes. If the user
wants to have the screensaver activate and lock the computer ahead, they can
always press CTRL ALT DEL and click Lock. I've also shown a few of my more
'enterprising' users the hotkey combo Windows key + L (Windows XP trick
only).

Good luck

Ken