iTAT - Error enumerating On Demand Clock Modulation Support

Terminating tool. That's what I get when I start Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool. My mobo is MSI P965 Neo (MS-7235). E6600. Corsair Value Select 667 Mhz. Sapphire Radeon x1900 GT. Running Windows XP SP2.

Anyone know how to resolve this or what's causing the error?

7 answers Last reply
More about itat error enumerating demand clock modulation support
  1. Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know m8.
  2. I had the same problem with a Foxconn board. Never resolved it. If you want temperature monitoring, I recommend Coretemp. If any has a solution, I'm all ears.
  3. Well Core Temp seems to view far to high temperatures for me. MSI Core Center and Speedfan has more reasonable temperatures.

And btw, your high CPU temperature could be because you monitor with core temp and maybe need new cold paste?
  4. core temp and TAT monitor temps based on a sensor built into the cpu itself. Other programs like speedfan and bios monitor temps from a diode on the board and then uses an algorithm to calculate what your cpu "should" be at. If you use TAT, the temps would be similar to core temp. Now for core 2 on stock cooling, I'd say temps anywhere between 35-45 is rather normal depending upon case vent. the 85C intel put out a threshold temp is based on TAT temps and coretemp's reporting is the closest i've seen to TAT.
  5. Quote:
    core temp and TAT monitor temps based on a sensor built into the cpu itself. Other programs like speedfan and bios monitor temps from a diode on the board and then uses an algorithm to calculate what your cpu "should" be at. If you use TAT, the temps would be similar to core temp. Now for core 2 on stock cooling, I'd say temps anywhere between 35-45 is rather normal depending upon case vent. the 85C intel put out a threshold temp is based on TAT temps and coretemp's reporting is the closest i've seen to TAT.

I though Core Center checked on the inside diode. But if this is the case. What temp am I supposed to follow when I OC to keep it below 60C?
  6. i'm not sure, i know that the cpu underclocks itself after 85 C so i wouldnt go past 70. Then again, im not much of an overclocker so maybe sum1 else would be able to give better advice.
  7. Righty ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Support Overclocking