removing usb device without administrator rights?

I want users to use USB pen drives but don't want these users to have
administrator rights over the machine. I'm using Windows 2000/
Novell.

Plugging in the pen drives is no problem - they are recognised ok and
the drive appears in Windows Explorer.

The problem is that when trying to open the usb icon in the taskbar
(the
little green arrow icon), as you are supposed to in order to safely
remove the device, windows displays a message saying
"Restrictions - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
in effect on this computer...". So users are unable to stop the
device.
How can get users to be able to disconect their pen drives properly?
1 answer Last reply
More about removing device administrator rights

    I think you can, but I'm not positive on where/how to set this.

    But, if you can, you can mitigate it with user training. If they unplug the
    drive when it isn't performing any activity (read/write), all should be
    fine. Just make sure they know to look for the light on it, and if it's
    flashing, don't remove the drive.

    HTH

    Ken

    "Abertech" <abertech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I want users to use USB pen drives but don't want these users to have
    > administrator rights over the machine. I'm using Windows 2000/
    > Novell.
    >
    > Plugging in the pen drives is no problem - they are recognised ok and
    > the drive appears in Windows Explorer.
    >
    > The problem is that when trying to open the usb icon in the taskbar
    > (the
    > little green arrow icon), as you are supposed to in order to safely
    > remove the device, windows displays a message saying
    > "Restrictions - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
    > in effect on this computer...". So users are unable to stop the
    > device.
    > How can get users to be able to disconect their pen drives properly?

USB Devices Windows