IPAQ 4150 - Notes disappear after ROM update 1.10

April 20, 2005 5:26:23 PM

I updated the ROM on my IPAQ this weekend and did a full backup after
the update. I don' know if it was related to the update or something
else I could have done, but now I can't find any of my notes from
before the update. Since the update reset the unit, I don't know if
there was a setting I should have looked for. Has anyone else run into
this?
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:33:09 AM

"candyman" <Sandy.Canetti@gmail.com> wrote in message
| I updated the ROM on my IPAQ this weekend and did a full backup after
| the update. I don' know if it was related to the update or
something
| else I could have done, but now I can't find any of my notes from
| before the update. Since the update reset the unit, I don't know if
| there was a setting I should have looked for. Has anyone else run
into
| this?

what notes? if pocket outlook are they in your desktop outlook? If so
you can choose the direction of synching in Activesync.
Or you could try another restore, I've had to try a couple of times for
the data to restore correctly (although that wasn't activesyncs backup
used).
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 10:48:54 AM

Reply to message from "candyman" <Sandy.Canetti@gmail.com> (Thu, 21 Apr
2005 02:26:23) about "IPAQ 4150 - Notes disappear after ROM update 1.10":

c> I updated the ROM on my IPAQ this weekend and did a full backup after
c> the update. I don' know if it was related to the update or something
c> else I could have done, but now I can't find any of my notes from
c> before the update. Since the update reset the unit, I don't know if
c> there was a setting I should have looked for. Has anyone else run into
c> this?

I updated my iPaq 4150 some weeks ago and haven't any problems. looks like
problems in your backup settings

Bye
Rick Murray
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:46:50 +0600

April 21, 2005 2:46:39 PM

alan smith wrote:
> "candyman" <Sandy.Canetti@gmail.com> wrote in message
> | I updated the ROM on my IPAQ this weekend and did a full backup
after
> | the update. I don' know if it was related to the update or
> something
> | else I could have done, but now I can't find any of my notes from
> | before the update. Since the update reset the unit, I don't know
if
> | there was a setting I should have looked for. Has anyone else run
> into
> | this?
> |

> what notes? if pocket outlook are they in your desktop outlook? If so
> you can choose the direction of synching in Activesync.
> Or you could try another restore, I've had to try a couple of times
for
> the data to restore correctly (although that wasn't activesyncs
backup
> used).

Yes, Outlook Notes. I won't be able to check until I get back home
this weekend. I was just trying to be proactive. I checked the IPAq
and the default setting was to always replace the item on my device. I
have snce changed to to always replace the item on my server.

Is there a good place to read and fully understand synching? The IPAQ
help isn't clear enough and I find strange things happen at times that
I'd like to have a better of understanding how and why. Thanks.
!