Active Directory Group Policies not showing in Group Polic..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

I am running a Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller and four Server 2003
E.E. Terminal Servers. I have established a Group Policy for the OU
containing the Terminal Servers to set certain things, such as "Keep-Alive
Connections". However, on the TS machines, running GPEDIT.MSC does not show
that these settings have been applied. It simply shows the settings as "Not
Configured".

All the diagnostics on the DC come up fine, and running Group Policy Results
on the DC shows that the settings are fine and are applying to the
server(s).

Running "GPRESULT /V" on the TS servers shows that the policies are
applying, and checking the Registry on the TS servers also shows that the
settings are being applied. Also, other settings under "Computer
Configuration" such as the "Security Settings", do show up in the Group
Policy editor when run on the TS server, as well as having a separate icon
to indicate that the policy is flowing down from above.

So basically, I am wondering why the Group Policy Object Editor on the TS
server doesn't show any of the AD Group Policy settings that are under the
"Administrative Templates" setting below "Computer Configuration", even
though GPRESULT and the Registry both indicate that the settings are
working. Also, the behavior of the TS server indicates that the settings
are working (the disconnected session time is set for 30 minutes and this
works just fine). GPOTOOL also comes back and reports that all the policies
are OK.

Running the Group Policy Object Editor on the Domain Controller for the OU
containing the TS servers also shows that the settings are in place, they
just don't show when running GPOE on the TS servers themselves.

Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

When you run gpedit.msc on any member computer (terminal server or
otherwise), you are looking at the local group policy settings and not
settings configured on an OU.
This is by design and nothing to be concerned about.

Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

"Glenn L" <the.only(delete)@gmail dot com> wrote in message
> When you run gpedit.msc on any member computer (terminal server or
> otherwise), you are looking at the local group policy settings and not
> settings configured on an OU.
> This is by design and nothing to be concerned about.

Hmmm. I could have sworn that I could see the OU policy before in the local
GP editor, but my memory could be failing. However, I CAN see the OU policy
settings in the local security policy in the local GP editor. Are these
treated differently somehow?

Thanks!