Group Policy on Protecting Certain File Types

I would like to block users from accessing certain file types on a windows
2000 domain with windows 2000 workstation clients. Is there a group policy
where I could block certain groups from accessing files such as .zip or
..jpg? (not really these file types just an example)
2 answers Last reply
More about group policy protecting file types

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:47:01 -0500, "David" <david@david.com> wrote:

    >I would like to block users from accessing certain file types on a windows
    >2000 domain with windows 2000 workstation clients. Is there a group policy
    >where I could block certain groups from accessing files such as .zip or
    >.jpg? (not really these file types just an example)

    No.

    The Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / File System policy
    can address specific files or folders only.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Thanks for the response. Is this the only policy where I can lock out file
    types?

    "Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:47:01 -0500, "David" <david@david.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I would like to block users from accessing certain file types on a
    windows
    > >2000 domain with windows 2000 workstation clients. Is there a group
    policy
    > >where I could block certain groups from accessing files such as .zip or
    > >.jpg? (not really these file types just an example)
    > >
    > No.
    >
    > The Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / File
    System policy
    > can address specific files or folders only.
    >
    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com