Group Policy on Protecting Certain File Types

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Windows 2000
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
December 9, 2004 4:47:01 PM

I would like to block users from accessing certain file types on a windows
2000 domain with windows 2000 workstation clients. Is there a group policy
where I could block certain groups from accessing files such as .zip or
..jpg? (not really these file types just an example)

More about : group policy protecting file types

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:03:26 PM

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:47:01 -0500, "David" <david@david.com> wrote:

>I would like to block users from accessing certain file types on a windows
>2000 domain with windows 2000 workstation clients. Is there a group policy
>where I could block certain groups from accessing files such as .zip or
>.jpg? (not really these file types just an example)

No.

The Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / File System policy
can address specific files or folders only.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
December 10, 2004 12:26:35 PM

Thanks for the response. Is this the only policy where I can lock out file
types?

!