can you force group policy replication across sites?

Ziek

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2004

If I change a GPO in one site, I always have to wait one hour before a
remote site gets the new changes, even when I use the "replmon" utility.

Is there anything that can force this change to replicate? I can force
group membership changes across site boundaries through replmon, but not GPO
changes...

Most GPO changes are written to the file system within SYSVOL.
FRS uses the site link schedules to replicate this content.

Not sure if you have W2K3 DCs. The pre-SP1 FRS rollup (KB823230) contains a
version of NTFRSUTL.EXE which allows you to force FRS replication.
I do not know if this command line switch will work against W2K DCs.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

"Ziek" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> If I change a GPO in one site, I always have to wait one hour before a
> remote site gets the new changes, even when I use the "replmon" utility.
>
> Is there anything that can force this change to replicate? I can force
> group membership changes across site boundaries through replmon, but not
> GPO changes...

I don't know for sure if this will work but try using the repadmin tool with
the /force switch. The link below contains more specific information. ---
Steve

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/22007/22007.html