Question about sockett 775 mobo

Duende

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
The motherboard I'm looking at:
Foxconn 915P7AC-8KS LGA 775 Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard

Now my knowledge is way out of date due to my lack of research, but the mobo above is one of the best deals that covers my situation. It has 4G DDR support and a PCIe x16 and it says, "CPU: Socket 775 Supports Intel Intel Pentium D/ Pentium 4/ Celeron D."

Now is there a possibility that my socket 478/P4/HT cpu will work in that? I remember there being variety in the past when it comes down to socket types and their associated brackets.

Note:
I usually upgrade when the games begin to get too far ahead of me, but I'm also not fired up about maxing out all my game settings, either. I recently upgraded my RAM and video card without enough research (so coincidently my old HD just died and I need a new mobo due to the video card requirements :roll:). I was going to upgrade the mobo in a couple of weeks anyway.

More questions:
** If I need to pick up another cpu, which would you all recommend? I'm not seeing a cpu cap in the description. All I need is mid to upper mid range with a fair price.
** What cpu should I definitely avoid?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your advice.

Duende

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
That foxconn in the first link appears to be the one I'm looking at. As for the second link, I can't translate the supported cpu list into available products -- great link though. I'm simply looking up "Intel, 800FSB LGA775" cpus on newegg and pricewatch.

I have a 2.6G P4 HT, socket 478. I don't mind going with P4 solo or duo ... it all depends on the price and processing power v.s. the cost to upgrade in a year or two.

Thanks for the help so far. I didn't find foxconnchannel when I searched earlier.