Ordering a new comp today...input?

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Well the ram is such as the regular XMS2 pc6400 was the same price, so I went with the dominator one instead.

Also, that link doesn't take me anywhere :p

Syntonic

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
As long as you realize that those dominators are not Micron d9gmh's and thus, may not be worth that type of money even with a rebate to bring them down to 250ish. Well, that's my opinion at least. Money doesn't seem to be an issue with this build so it's up to you - but it is indeed overkill if you don't oc at all. Personally, I'd use some of that RAM money for a better PSU as mentioned especially since you seem to be going with a high end vid card. The regular XMS2 goes down to 208 after rebate while the cas4 with epp is at 227 after rebate so no, not the same price at all. You can even get some OCZ 2x1gb plat rev2 (pc2 6400) for under the 200 mark (but not at newegg I think). Edit: If money is no object, then go with what you want for the memory. Obviously, you want to show people your parts so perhaps with your case, the brand name may be worth it.

For something totally off subject... heh, your case comes with gloves. I'm not sure what you are going for with your new computer though so it could be that your comp works for you.

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Hadn't checked the ram prices for a few days, they were about the same price before..much lower now tho, thanks for the spot.

Also, I'm updating the list as I work, so if some things are missing I'm adding them in as I can.

Macros0001

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
Alright, I just need a good PSU....having trouble deciding.

Anyone know?

Needs to be able to power all my stuff...also have an 8800gts in there.