Jun 23, 2006
Going by AMD numbers...and Barcelona is 1.8 times faster than a K8

is my title thread accurate

just specualtive theories please... no attacks

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
jerk.jpg

Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth.

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
I can't say that is impossible.
But from the specifications of K8L, I would think K8L can have a 25% higher IPC than Core Arch but it can't achieve a >50% advantage.

shadowed

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
LOL...

Ok, now you really are trolling... you said yourself in another post there are no real numbers out yet to speculate one way or the other...

what are you trying to do ?

choirbass

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
well, AMD did say barcelona achieves a 40% increase above clovertown clock for clock in most disciplines (unless i misread that part)... but, clovertown isnt kentsfield, so *shrug*

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Going by AMD numbers...and AMD is 1.8 times faster than a K8

Going by my numbers, I can make monkeys outta paper and fries. You don't see me posting that do you?

you just did ! XD

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
LOL...

Ok, now you really are trolling... you said yourself in another post there are no real numbers out yet to speculate one way or the other...

what are you trying to do ?

so i am the guess you are in the penryn threads slapping the hands of anyone mentioning performance speculations correct?

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
yes but i believe that was floating point calculations only. also their is no link in this thread to back up what he is saying.

there is also no point him posting this as nothing is certain right now. he is deliverately doing this to get flaming wars started.

how am i starting a flame war... if u have no bias toward AMD or INTEL then you just see this thread read it respond or not and move on

if u read this and get emotional...then you are a fan boi

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Lordpope, are you a schill?

You know, if you are, and you say you arent, its prosecutable.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Going by AMD numbers...and AMD is 1.8 times faster than a K8

Going by my numbers, I can make monkeys outta paper and fries. You don't see me posting that do you?

This thread is sooo last March, before reliables sights started Benching C2D ESs and the Inteliots were pulling performance numbers out of their arses. He's not even making an attempt to back it, or providing some obscure benchmark from Kreplackistan Kompuutrs For U

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Perhaps adding a question mark at the end.

Anyway, it is possible. I did actually think that Intel pushed quad forward because they had an idea of how fast Barcelona would be. If it is 40% faster then that would be accurate.

Tacos my young and naive apprentice, do you know the story of 9-inch? Well this guy is sorta like that, albeit without the decency to use sentence structure or spelling. And he has a history. Otherwise, I'd be the nice guy you know.

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006

Perhaps adding a question mark at the end.

Anyway, it is possible. I did actually think that Intel pushed quad forward because they had an idea of how fast Barcelona would be. If it is 40% faster then that would be accurate.

thanks for just answering the question

u would think I was the NEW BARON the way i am getting attacked

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Since I'll be... busy... for a bit, I'll let Turpit explain it to you.

As short as I can:

9 inch would come in and post 2-4 times a day, usually during the work week.
His post topics were always definitive statements
His posts would make some comment, ALWAYS definitvely pro AMD
He would back his comment by quoting text excerpts from the article, then highlighting the only parts which backed his statement.

Thats not that big a deal. What was, and why he is frowned upon by so many:

He deliberately took information out of content to validate his statements
(we all make mistakes-no big deal. 9 inch didnt-he was deliberate and consistant)
He never aknowledged both sides of the story, only his
He never debated, only stated
He almost never stayed around to defend himself - hit and run posting
He was hostile - not nearly so much as MMM, but more so than say myself or Baron when we are going at it.

In his final topic(deleted), he foolishly attempted to engage Jake Barnes in a pissing contest , and he got pretty nasty about it :roll: I still have no idea what the hell was going through his head when he did it. Then, as if that wasnt enough, he rapidly created a couple of puppet logins to try and defend himself

Glimpses of "The final moments"

Theres some links in here, but some of the threades were deleted :cry:
I think Jake should have left them up....as examples of how NOT to be/behave in the forum

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
Bingo! Not that it is a bad question on his part.But K8L is not even out, so we could sit here and type until are finger's go numb over speculation's of...well you name it.