K8L 2.9 GHZ = Kentsfield 4.4 GhZ

Last response: in CPUs
January 24, 2007 4:46:17 PM

Going by AMD numbers...and Barcelona is 1.8 times faster than a K8

is my title thread accurate

just specualtive theories please... no attacks

More about : k8l ghz kentsfield ghz

January 24, 2007 4:48:16 PM

Oh come on, this is just flame bait. That was a quoted figure that probably applies to only one benchmark.
January 24, 2007 4:53:29 PM

Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth.
Related resources
January 24, 2007 4:58:36 PM

I can't say that is impossible.
But from the specifications of K8L, I would think K8L can have a 25% higher IPC than Core Arch but it can't achieve a >50% advantage.
January 24, 2007 5:01:41 PM

LOL...

Ok, now you really are trolling... you said yourself in another post there are no real numbers out yet to speculate one way or the other...

what are you trying to do ?
January 24, 2007 5:11:05 PM

Quote:
Going by AMD numbers...and AMD is 1.8 times faster than a K8

Going by my numbers, I can make monkeys outta paper and fries. You don't see me posting that do you?
January 24, 2007 5:15:13 PM

well, AMD did say barcelona achieves a 40% increase above clovertown clock for clock in most disciplines (unless i misread that part)... but, clovertown isnt kentsfield, so *shrug*
January 24, 2007 5:20:43 PM

Quote:

Going by my numbers, I can make monkeys outta paper and fries. You don't see me posting that do you?

you just did ! XD
January 24, 2007 5:21:47 PM

Quote:

What kind of fries? And does it involve ketchup?
January 24, 2007 5:24:14 PM

Quote:
LOL...

Ok, now you really are trolling... you said yourself in another post there are no real numbers out yet to speculate one way or the other...

what are you trying to do ?

so i am the guess you are in the penryn threads slapping the hands of anyone mentioning performance speculations correct?
January 24, 2007 5:26:56 PM

yeah, it might be
January 24, 2007 5:28:08 PM

Quote:
yes but i believe that was floating point calculations only. also their is no link in this thread to back up what he is saying.

there is also no point him posting this as nothing is certain right now. he is deliverately doing this to get flaming wars started.

how am i starting a flame war... if u have no bias toward AMD or INTEL then you just see this thread read it respond or not and move on

if u read this and get emotional...then you are a fan boi
January 24, 2007 5:28:27 PM

Jake was right about you :lol: 
January 24, 2007 5:30:03 PM

Quote:

Lordpope, are you a schill?

You know, if you are, and you say you arent, its prosecutable.
January 24, 2007 5:32:40 PM

Quote:

This thread is sooo last March, before reliables sights started Benching C2D ESs and the Inteliots were pulling performance numbers out of their arses. He's not even making an attempt to back it, or providing some obscure benchmark from Kreplackistan Kompuutrs For U
January 24, 2007 5:46:41 PM

Quote:

Perhaps adding a question mark at the end.

Anyway, it is possible. I did actually think that Intel pushed quad forward because they had an idea of how fast Barcelona would be. If it is 40% faster then that would be accurate.
January 24, 2007 5:47:40 PM

Tacos my young and naive apprentice, do you know the story of 9-inch? Well this guy is sorta like that, albeit without the decency to use sentence structure or spelling. And he has a history. Otherwise, I'd be the nice guy you know.
January 24, 2007 6:00:01 PM

Quote:

Anyway, it is possible. I did actually think that Intel pushed quad forward because they had an idea of how fast Barcelona would be. If it is 40% faster then that would be accurate.

thanks for just answering the question

u would think I was the NEW BARON the way i am getting attacked
January 24, 2007 6:00:31 PM

Since I'll be... busy... for a bit, I'll let Turpit explain it to you.
January 24, 2007 6:04:59 PM

Quote:

Blasphemy!
January 24, 2007 6:08:08 PM

Quote:
ok

so turpit, you mind explaining the 9-inch story?

I can, just read every thread that lordpope has started and you will see what we mean.
January 24, 2007 6:17:09 PM

Quote:
still, was 9-inch a person or something that was all talk and didn't know what he was saying?

both
January 24, 2007 6:21:48 PM

Quote:
ok

I can, just read every thread that lordpope has started and you will see what we mean.

i am starting not to like u much
January 24, 2007 6:25:12 PM

Quote:
Since I'll be... busy... for a bit, I'll let Turpit explain it to you.

As short as I can:

9 inch would come in and post 2-4 times a day, usually during the work week.
His post topics were always definitive statements
His posts would make some comment, ALWAYS definitvely pro AMD
He would back his comment by quoting text excerpts from the article, then highlighting the only parts which backed his statement.

Thats not that big a deal. What was, and why he is frowned upon by so many:

He deliberately took information out of content to validate his statements
(we all make mistakes-no big deal. 9 inch didnt-he was deliberate and consistant)
He never aknowledged both sides of the story, only his
He never debated, only stated
He almost never stayed around to defend himself - hit and run posting
He was hostile - not nearly so much as MMM, but more so than say myself or Baron when we are going at it.

In his final topic(deleted), he foolishly attempted to engage Jake Barnes in a pissing contest , and he got pretty nasty about it :roll: I still have no idea what the hell was going through his head when he did it. Then, as if that wasnt enough, he rapidly created a couple of puppet logins to try and defend himself

Glimpses of "The final moments"

Theres some links in here, but some of the threades were deleted :cry: 
I think Jake should have left them up....as examples of how NOT to be/behave in the forum
January 24, 2007 6:26:09 PM

Bingo! Not that it is a bad question on his part.But K8L is not even out, so we could sit here and type until are finger's go numb over speculation's of...well you name it.
January 24, 2007 6:30:51 PM

Quote:

thanks for just answering the question

HORDE, UNITE!
January 24, 2007 6:32:28 PM

Quote:
ok

i am starting not to like u much

hehe, this is reminding me of HOUSE. Watch lordpope is a cop and stalks you guys non-stop for days..
January 24, 2007 6:39:35 PM

Please tell me, what is the difference between this and this history.
January 24, 2007 6:39:53 PM

Quote:

You'd be amazed, I demonstrated that Burger King made money with my pee and I was trying to prove the same thing backwards xD that I can make money out of my pee xD, that in fact, created a whole new area of human knowledge: Urectric Engineering xD, it's interesting how gauss' law applies to urine...

Quote:
He was hostile - not nearly so much as MMM

No one is....he was so friggin nuts that he called you TROLL or something like that even if you agreed with him....that guy had some serious issues...
January 24, 2007 6:41:02 PM

once a mod here yelled at me in PM's saying i havd about 13 alias names

ofcourse i only use one.... so i told him software is broke or something

i have not the time to make up 20 names.... you see no OTHER names backing me up on here
January 24, 2007 6:44:19 PM

Quote:
Please tell me, what is the difference between this and this history.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
January 24, 2007 6:46:01 PM

Quote:
wow, looks like the mods can seriously hunt you down if they wanted to, jake owned amd_noob (9-inch) in the second post of a thread

9 inch got exactly what he dropped to his knees and begged for. The final thread was bad, and when I sad bad, I mean

To say 9 inch was a fanboy is like saying a plasma cutting torch is "a little warm" But thats not what got him banned. Thats the beauty of THG forums. If someone wants to be a fanboy, they can. The mods are pretty dam liberal and non partisan. But when you start getting hositle-thats something else altoghether..and thats what got both 9 inch and MMM banned
January 24, 2007 6:49:59 PM

Quote:

Good for them if it is, but not worth my time writing why I think it won't be this much better than original K8.

I guess we all agree we should wait at least for leaked benchmark to start a flame war about this, and even then...
January 24, 2007 6:51:29 PM

Quote:
wow, looks like the mods can seriously hunt you down if they wanted to, jake owned amd_noob (9-inch) in the second post of a thread

9 inch got exactly what he dropped to his knees and begged for. The final thread was bad, and when I sad bad, I mean

To say 9 inch was a fanboy is like saying a plasma cutting torch is "a little warm" But thats not what got him banned. Thats the beauty of THG forums. If someone wants to be a fanboy, they can. The mods are pretty dam liberal and non partisan. But when you start getting hositle-thats something else altoghether..and thats what got both 9 inch and MMM banned

I will probally get banned...because i am not the type to let people take shots at me and i not take shot backs
January 24, 2007 6:51:43 PM

Quote:
when I sad bad, I mean

Dude, this is not bad, this is evil, very evil. :twisted:
January 24, 2007 6:51:53 PM

Quote:

To say 9 inch was a fanboy is like saying a plasma cutting torch is "a little warm"

Hey!!! I use that to lighten my cigars!!!!

No, not really, I don't smoke, but it would be cool though xD
January 24, 2007 6:56:02 PM

Quote:

I will probally get banned...because i am not the type to let people take shots at me and i not take shot backs

Take it easy,that was not aimed at you. They were typein about 9-inch.
January 24, 2007 6:57:58 PM

No it really isnt possible,K8L will be slower the core arch, I dont care what these THEORETICAL performance charts state, they are amd supported, and not even tested, THERE JUST THEORETICAL, they arent even real benchmarks. Either way clovertown is slower then a woodcrest dual core.
January 24, 2007 7:11:12 PM

Quote:
you won't find a leaked amd benchmark, otherwise there would have been r600 benchmarks all over the place. Companies purposely leak benchmarks to get customers hyped up about their product, and amd either wants to piss off the public and make them wait, or doesn't think it's ready yet

its called "sell all your old lamps b4 u start to sell your new lamps"

Intel could afford to loose big money on its p4 line by slashing there prices to nothing...

AMD cant...

IF K8L is way better than the K8
and conroe is proven as clearly better than the K8

why would anyway buy those warehouses full of k8's

doesnt make good business sense to leak anything this early...
January 24, 2007 7:22:08 PM

I highly doubt it, because simple core modifications arent enough. Along with that K8L will have a clock speed disadvantage, they are going to have to catch up soo far. It just doesnt seem that probable.
January 24, 2007 7:22:37 PM

Quote:
You should take advice from that...

I don't smoke... anymore.
January 24, 2007 7:37:34 PM

Quote:

No, not at all. Take all the shots you want. Just dont do silly crap like:

"You mother*******, you guys are such a bunch flaming, half witted ******* ****** homos that your to ******* stupid to get the ********** point that (insert brand name here) RoXoRz. The best part of you dribbled down the crack of your mamas ****"

^^^^
That will get at least a warning, if not banned for multiple offences. THG is open, you can post all the crap you want, with no proof to back it. If you have proof, you will get a debate if contrary evidence exists. If you dont have proof, you will get flamed. If you get hostile, you will get warned. If you continue being hostile, you will get banned. Its just that simple. Very very few people get banned. Most are smart enough not to go to the extremes required to justify banning.

Why people are bitching (and this has already been specifically been pointed out to you) is you made a statement based on.........nothing.
Not only do you have no proof, you didnt even have a foundation.
You read a story in which "someone" (not even an AMD rep :roll: ) made a guess, and then, you made a statement based on that:

Quote:

you didnt say

" Can K8L 2.9 GHZ = Kentsfield 4.4 GhZ"
or
"K8L 2.9 GHZ = Kentsfield 4.4 GhZ???"
or even
"No name so and so said K8L 2.9 GHZ = Kentsfield 4.4 GhZ"

Nope, you just stated
Quote:

as if it were fact.

But you did state it as a question in the text , so its not that bad :wink:
January 24, 2007 7:45:07 PM

Quote:

To say 9 inch was a fanboy is like saying a plasma cutting torch is "a little warm"

ok, if you call burning you life away and filling your lungs with different kinda of toxic gases such as carbon monoxide cool, go for it :D  But I seriously don't think smoking should be anything anyone would want to do, it doesn't even do anything like illegal crap does. So you burn your life away for nothing, and if you do illegal crap, you burn your life away, get sent to jail, pay a big fine, and then spend more money on drugs for only a smell amount of bliss. Not what I'd call a smart idea

I mean, it would be cool to lighten a cigar with a plasma cutter...not the smoking part...

Hell I don't even like parfum because it irritates my nose, I think that pretty much says how much do I love cigar smoke (or any smoke for that matter)... (specially incense I friggin HATE it...)

And the health part..I never liked cigars cuz my grandpa smoked like a machine, dunno...3-4 packages a day, til 15 years ago or so when he started to smoke just a couple cigars a day

Oh, did I mention that my cousin's father-in-law died because of lung cancer because of smoking?

Drugs...no thanks...I want to live...after seeing a guy that studied with me in high school I said "he should be used for "dont do drugs" ads"

Let's just say that he claims to be the son of an important drug dealer from colombia...when in real life, he's the son of a couple of medics...that's only one of the slightest deliriums that he has...

EDIT: I forgot to say that he telled us that he sleeped on a king-size bed that had no matress...but pot...
January 24, 2007 7:46:45 PM

Quote:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Nice!
January 24, 2007 7:50:45 PM

Quote:

ok, if you call burning you life away and filling your lungs with different kinda of toxic gases such as carbon monoxide cool, go for it :D  But I seriously don't think smoking should be anything anyone would want to do, it doesn't even do anything like illegal crap does. So you burn your life away for nothing, and if you do illegal crap, you burn your life away, get sent to jail, pay a big fine, and then spend more money on drugs for only a smell amount of bliss. Not what I'd call a smart idea

I mean, it would be cool to lighten a cigar with a plasma cutter...not the smoking part...

Hell I don't even like parfum because it irritates my nose, I think that pretty much says how much do I love cigar smoke (or any smoke for that matter)... (specially incense I friggin HATE it...)

And the health part..I never liked cigars cuz my grandpa smoked like a machine, dunno...3-4 packages a day, til 15 years ago or so when he started to smoke just a couple cigars a day

Oh, did I mention that my cousin's father-in-law died because of lung cancer because of smoking?

Drugs...no thanks...I want to live...after seeing a guy that studied with me in high school I said "he should be used for "dont do drugs" ads"

Let's just say that he claims to be the son of an important drug dealer from colombia...when in real life, he's the son of a couple of medics...that's only one of the slightest deliriums that he has... plasma needs a ground, and compressed air for it to work. Where would you hook the ground to?

Lower lip :lol: 
January 24, 2007 7:52:08 PM

Quote:
wow, calm down, that was insane

Which part :wink:
January 24, 2007 7:54:12 PM

Quote:
You should take advice from that...

I don't smoke... anymore.
You should be more specific. There are plenty of things to smoke.
yes, like tacos :lol: 

Me too, about two hours after i smoke :wink:
January 24, 2007 8:08:36 PM

Quote:
how did this thread go from discussing cpus, to discussing 9-inch, to discussing that flamy dude, to discussing what people smoke, to discussing why we're discussing this? 8O :|

Because the original topic had no arse to it??
January 24, 2007 8:12:41 PM

*takes off highjacker's mask* his 1.8 calculation to get the 4.4, was correct. *slips mask back on* I think it was on a fast track to wasteland after the first page. :lol: 
!