Security filtering

Suppose I have a group policy applied to an OU, and I use security filtering
to allow only 1 user account the permission to apply that group policy. If
the group policy itself has user settings and computer settings defined, do
the computer settings in that policy get applied or not? In other words, do I
have to allow access to both the user account and the computer account for
the entire group policy to get processed?

Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

"dwil49" <dwil49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suppose I have a group policy applied to an OU, and I use security
> filtering
> to allow only 1 user account the permission to apply that group policy. If
> the group policy itself has user settings and computer settings defined,
> do
> the computer settings in that policy get applied or not?

They do not!

In other words,

do I
> have to allow access to both the user account and the computer account for
> the entire group policy to get processed?

Yes you do!