RSoP and SP2

Try disabling the XP Windows firewall to see if that helps. I know there is
a way to configure it to work with RSOP but if you disable it then you will
knew if that is the problem or not. For logging mode, the computer you are
trying to RSOP must be running. Another potential problem is dns
misconfiguration. Dns is used for locating everything in an AD domain for
W2K/XP Pro/W2003 computers and domain controllers and domain computers must
be correctly configured with dns. Common problems are that ISP dns servers
are in the list of preferred dns servers for a domain computer. The support
tool netdiag can also help test for proper network connectivity and domain
configuration. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B291382 -- AD
dns FAQ. Make sure you are configured this way.