Can't view Drive contents after recent server updates

Hey guys,

I have been fighting this thing for the past few days now and for the
life of me, I just can't figure out what the problem is. Whenever I
login to my Win2K SP4 Server, most of the time using Remote Desktop
from an XP Pro machine, and try to browse to my D: Drive, I am unable
to see any file contents. The drive is there and exists as it is my
primary drive for my websites that I run. If I try going to the D
Drive via the command line and do a DIR, I get:

File Not Found

The machine basically does everything for me: DNS, IIS5, SQL2K, and
Active Direcotry (currently in native mode (i'm not the best with AD)).

In viewing my event log, I had a bunch of errors like this:

Windows cannot access the registry information at

\\X.COM\sysvol\X.COM\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\registry.pol
with (51).

Appearing every five minutes. After doing various searches via the
web, and applying different registry
changes(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q290647/), etc, I resorted to
removing hotfixes I have applied after I noticed my D Drive was
un-viewable since december 7th. I was able to revert most of them
(about 6 out of 10) as I keep my machine relatively up to date, and
that cleared that problem as well as allowing me to actually view my
GROUP POLICY for my Domain. Still though, no D Drive viewable.

So at the same time of all of this, the System Log has been getting
slammed with what appears to be a common MrxSmb Warning. In
reasearching that, I have found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263142 to be
relatively what I am looking for. So in working with that, I find that
the WORDS Value: c00000e5 Appears in the Ntstatus.h file stating:

"There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request."

The other thing I wanted to note on this is that I can still serve my
websites from this harddrive just fine as well as update them using
Visual Studio and the likes. However using FTP, yields the same
negative results as if viewing locally through explorer.

Basically, this is where I am now at. I have no idea where to go or
what. If ANYONE can point me in a direction, I would really appreciate
it. Thank you for your time.

XV

xanthviper@xanthviper.com wrote:

> login to my Win2K SP4 Server, most of the time using Remote Desktop
> from an XP Pro machine, and try to browse to my D: Drive, I am unable
> to see any file contents.

Any what do you see when you log onto that server locally?

> "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
> request."

Are the domain controllers visible by this server (or are you saying
it's a domain controller itself?).

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Hi Gerry,

Locally I am unable to see the drive and the domain controller is
visible (it is a domain controller itself)

Thank you...