Wizard/Palemaster question

Vellu

I'm currently playing/building a "Grim Reaper" type character and I've
progressed to the point I'm having trouble deciding which class should I
invest in at Epic levels. I'm currently at Wizard 12/Palemaster 10.

Now, wiz12 already gives me level 9 spells so is there any point in taking
any more wizard levels? Since the next PM level would be Epic and gives much
better (epic) feats/bonuses then just new spells from wizard level (which
can be found/bought anyway). Is there any other upside in taking wiz levels
other then learning spells (familiar is pointless, PM has much tougher
summons)? PM grants the same increases in spell slots per day just no new
spells.

I'm also not sure about the meaning of 'caster level'. Is wiz20
stronger/better in casting level 9 spells then wiz12 (not counting
spellcraft/lore/concentration)?

So which is better built all the way: Wiz12/PM28 or Wiz30/PM10? Both have
level 9 spells and the same amount of spells per day. Skills and feats
pretty much the same. Both have/can have all Epic Spells, but PM28 gets them
much earlier. (by the way, pm28 can summon a Greater Undead which is Elder
Alhoon (wiz 21) which is pretty tough even by itself)

I'm leaning towards wiz12/pm28 myself, but any opinions are welcome.

Vellu wrote:

> Now, wiz12 already gives me level 9 spells

....I beg your pardon?

Vellu

I think it was at wiz12/pm9 I got level 9 spells...

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:u3B9d.8547$nj.1741@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Vellu wrote:
>
>> Now, wiz12 already gives me level 9 spells
>
> ...I beg your pardon?

Vellu

More accurately, does Wizard 22 have higher caster level then Wiz 12/Pale
Master 10? Since obviously many spells increase in power with higher caster
levels...Both have access to the same spells, but is one better at casting
them then the other (all skills/feats being equal)?

There seems to be no indicator for caster level anywhere within the
game/character sheet, or is there?

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:32:58 GMT, Kish <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Vellu wrote:
>
>> Now, wiz12 already gives me level 9 spells
>
>...I beg your pardon?

Wiz12/pale master 9 gives you 17 caster levels, which is enough for 9th
level spells.

--
Hong Ooi | "I like snowballs."
hong@zipworld.com.au | -- CA