Geforce 7600 GT graphics card. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

mikolas

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I built a new pc:

Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ (Socket 939)

Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case - 450W Smart Power PSU

2GB crucial ram

Geforce 7600GT 256mb video card

When the graphics card is in, and my monitor is plugged in and i boot it up, the screen stays blank like on standby with the yellow light.

I cant see anything to install drivers. Basically im blind with this, is the card not compatible with the motherboard or something???

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OTHERWISE I'VE WASTED SOOOOO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!!!!

PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!

k61824

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2005
the card should be compatible if you can fit the card in the slot; most likely one or more parts are defective if you can't even boot to POST with screens (nV cards may take longer to detect though, in some less-than-usual cases)

0) I don't remember it correctly, but check if your 7600 have power connectors that need to be plugged (that you didn't)
Edit: while you are at it, please check if your PSU can take on all that components

1) if you have other video cards to troubleshoot try them to see if the computer boots; POST should not require drivers to have screens
2) if you have no beep code to start with, and switching vid cards doesn't help, check the RAM, then the CPU

Real999

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
It's a 7600GT so it doesn't need an extra power connection plug, try to take the card out and re-insert it.
If you can't seem to get it work it might be a bad Motherboard, the power supply is more then enough for your set-up

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Does the fan on the card spin up? Could have a bad card.

You could also try running only one chip of RAM at a time and see if it will post. Might have some bad RAM too.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
Does not sound good, Hard to tell without it not even posting a screen, could be any number of things. Where did you get the parts from? friend, online seller, the more info the better :wink:

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
- Do the LEDs and fans come on when you turn on the computer?
If not:
- Double-check all of your power connections.
- Verify that case power button cable is connected to the motherboard.
- It could be a bad PSU
- It could be a bad case power button
- Did you remember to connect the 4-pin CPU power connector?
- Did you remember to connect the CPU fan cable?

- Reseat the graphics card.
- Then try the 7600GT in the other PCI-E graphics slot
- Then try booting with each stick of RAM individually
- Last resort, remove the video card and all RAM sticks and try booting. If you don't get a POST error beep, then it's likely a dead motherboard.

mikolas

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
i press the power button and the cpu fan power fan and the graphics card fan start up. The hard drive boots up coz i can hear it and the light on the motherboard comes on. It seems like the whole thing is booting up as normal but without the screen even coming on and i know the screen works coz im using it now.

Theres no built in video on the motherboard so the jumpers obviously arent the problem.

I will try everything you suggested and post back.

Thanks for now. :(

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
I'd be very suspicious of the RAM. Do like I noted earlier. It may even be worthwhile to see if a local shop would let you bring it in and test some different RAM in the system.

Also make sure the mother board isn't grounding out anywhere in the case.

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
Too bad the IEEE 1394 bracket does not have diagnosis light's on it, that would help alot. You would not happen to have an old msi bracket would you?

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
Howdy.

One thing you can try is clearing your CMOS out and see if that corrects any issues.

Also make sure your CPU fan is plugged into the CPU fan header. I have that exact board myself but I cant honestly say if that will prevent a post or not.

And like another fellow said, try just one stick of ram at a time, unplug any other cards you might have installed (Modem, TV card), unplug the cdrom, floppy and hard drive also. You only need the video card, ram, cpu, mb, powersupply and a monitor to see if it will post.

nh484000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
I would put my money on the ram is anything. I had a computer do almost the same thing to me a few years ago and it was due to bad ram

newflash

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
It is possible the card is not sitting quite right. I recently had to slightly bend the mounting bracket on a new X1950PRO so it would sit a bit deeper. It seems the case is a little too deep for the card. I have seen this in the past.

It sounds exactly like your problem. But I have not figured out how to secure the card after bending as it now won't match up with the screw wholes. Any way it's a good test to diagnose your problem. It could also mean the motherboard contacts are not as goos as they could be. I had problems in cheaper motherboards.

Ken

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
I would put my money on the ram is anything. I had a computer do almost the same thing to me a few years ago and it was due to bad ram

Ram is one of the biggest issues with what you are having. I agree. Try another ram stick all together and see. :)

It is possible the card is not sitting quite right. I recently had to slightly bend the mounting bracket on a new X1950PRO so it would sit a bit deeper. It seems the case is a little too deep for the card. I have seen this in the past.

It sounds exactly like your problem. But I have not figured out how to secure the card after bending as it now won't match up with the screw wholes. Any way it's a good test to diagnose your problem. It could also mean the motherboard contacts are not as goos as they could be. I had problems in cheaper motherboards.

Ken

It could be that he doesn't have it pushed entirely into the board. As for the contacts, this board is an awesome board and Im certain that if he has it pushed in all the way that he would get some good contact for sure. :)

ONE last thing... pull the Motherboard completely out of the case and set it on the box and just have the power supply and video plugged in and test it. Try another power supply even. There might be a screw shorting it out int he bottom of the case. IF nothing else works, I would try that. :)

mikolas

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
ive tried it with only 1 stick of ram, each 1, unplugged the hard drive etc nothing worked. But ive noticed that im not getting any power to the CD rom either all i can see physically is that the fans are working and the motherboard LED lights up. I'm beginning to think its the motherboard. :(

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
ive tried it with only 1 stick of ram, each 1, unplugged the hard drive etc nothing worked. But ive noticed that im not getting any power to the CD rom either all i can see physically is that the fans are working and the motherboard LED lights up. I'm beginning to think its the motherboard. :(

Have you tried pulling the board out completely and unplugging everything except the video card itself?

If you can look at the caps on the board, do you see ANY that are domed over or swelled up instead of being flat? The reason I ask is a fella brought his computer in last week with this exact same board and it was brand new but had swelled caps. They must have just resold a used one since I highly doubt they would send out a new swell job.

http://www.careyholzman.com/caps/images/busted_caps_2.jpg here are some that are swelled up. Sometimes they leak and it appears they are rusty. IF you see 'any' cap swelled at all, even one, take the board back and get another one. :)

Good Luck Mang :)

mikolas

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
well ive tried everything suggested and nothing has helped so looks like im gonna have to replace everything. OH JOY!

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
well ive tried everything suggested and nothing has helped so looks like im gonna have to replace everything. OH JOY!

If you have tried everything here and done it correctly then the "bad board" is the only thing left. Hopefully you can return/exchange it rather quickly. Don't give up on that board all together though, it really is a very good/nice board. :) You just got unlucky is all. :)

mikolas

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
What im gonna do is send the whole lot back coz its all under warranty and the things that arent screwed shud just get sent back and if anything isnt working properly it shud get fixed or replaced.

Its the only way since i dont have any spare components to test other parts out with. Hope it works lol.

Anyway thanks for the help everyone :D

Oggiewill

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
had same problem with the 9500 gt 1 gb on initial set up the card booted then i installed the drivers from disc rebooted and got blank screen turns out Vista cancels out driver when rebooting So only answer was to restore from dos and let vista load the driver itself and keep installation disc in its pouch!!