ARG!!! WIN2K and SB Live Value

G

OK I am a tad stressed over this I finally said f*ck it and went all the way 2k. Only a small problem exists the mofo sound blaster live card I have with the most up to date Live Ware 3 drivers gives me this friggin choppy sound when I say access my drive for a period of time. You know burn a cd or install a game. WTF I could do it in win98se with no problem accept for the usual system stall from the access of the drive. So any ideas or help would be ultra appreciated. If not I am going to have to order a turtle beach card or a Phillips card.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

G

No you see in like diablo when the drive is accessed the sound will chop. For example to the nest area. When i install new software and listen to winamp it again chops. Like its driveing me insane i dont have non of my cards shareing and other irqs no usb is on. Even with the drivers 2k gives the sound card i get the choppy crap.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

misu

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i see...
try changing the PCI slot, it's some conflict. i remember this happening when i used seti and winamp and browse the net but i had a 266 celly....

Misu
__'_

G

yes, change the PCI slot that the card is in. It's not your card, it's just sharing resources with other peripherals,although it shows that none are being shared. Win2k uses advanced ACPI which allows many devices to share IRQ 9 without a problem, but I bet you just need to change the slot that it's in, it's sharing an I/O with probably your Harddisk.