One of my hard drive is not opening and its file system type became raw instead

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • File System
  • Hard Drives
  • Mac OS X
Last response: in Mac Os X
February 17, 2013 12:29:05 PM

all hard drives are working properly but one of my hard drive type became raw instead of NTFS file system type and it is not opening...even though i format my system,i am unable to solve this problem..plz help me

More about : hard drive opening file system type raw

February 17, 2013 12:41:47 PM

Lost your partition table... To recover the data u ll have to use a "professional" data restore utility... Personal tip Getdataback for ntfs... Already saved tons of gigabytes with that ...
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2013 12:34:57 PM

the great randini said:
run a check disc on the hard drive http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1782
is this hard drive from another pc or windows install? try to take ownership of the files.

i tried this........but no use.plz suggest a different answer
m
l
February 28, 2013 3:08:30 PM

Did u try wat faya suggested?
m
l
July 6, 2014 8:28:34 AM

siddula chaithanya said:
all hard drives are working properly but one of my hard drive type became raw instead of NTFS file system type and it is not opening...even though i format my system,i am unable to solve this problem..plz help me

m
l
July 6, 2014 8:30:19 AM

msg me i will guide u i have solution ..i have just solved my problem. it will be just 2 steps :)  :) 
m
l
July 6, 2014 8:46:05 AM

siddula chaithanya said:
the great randini said:
run a check disc on the hard drive http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1782
is this hard drive from another pc or windows install? try to take ownership of the files.

i tried this........but no use.plz suggest a different answer

m
l
July 6, 2014 9:01:41 AM

first of all do the one thing right click on my computer then click to manage then disk managment .there u will see different type of drives.here we go right click on that drive which is not working then go to its properties now u will see its whole properties.then u should go to tools then check drive(u have to scan this drives when u hit check button)after scaning this drives windows show u drive succesfully scaned.now on that little window u will see (SHOW DETAILS) HIT ON THIS .now some different type of window open.now u will see on right side CUSTOM VIEW click on that.after click on....on the left side u will see OPEN SAVED LOG(click on this).now u will see your whole data on ur hard drives.copy them onto another drive then format this from Disk managment
m
l
a b \ Driver
July 6, 2014 9:13:14 AM

Quote:
first of all do the one thing right click on my computer then click to manage then disk managment
On a Mac? I don't think so!
m
l