Control PC Power settings

Does anyone know of a way to control a PC's power settings via a GPO? I
found an application from a company called AutoProf, but I'm not so sure of
the cost.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Tom-
There is a free utility that the US government provides here:
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_pm_ez_gpo that is a
service you run on your PCs and then you use GP to configure the service.

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

"Tom Pennington" <NONEt2pennington@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to control a PC's power settings via a GPO? I
> found an application from a company called AutoProf, but I'm not so sure
> of the cost.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Tom

Cool, thanks.

Tom

"Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tom-
> There is a free utility that the US government provides here:
> http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_pm_ez_gpo that is a
> service you run on your PCs and then you use GP to configure the service.
>
> --
> Darren Mar-Elia
> MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy
> Check out http://www.gpoguy.com -- The Windows Group Policy Information
> Hub:
> FAQs, Whitepapers and Utilities for all things Group Policy-related
>

> "Tom Pennington" <NONEt2pennington@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of a way to control a PC's power settings via a GPO? I
>> found an application from a company called AutoProf, but I'm not so sure
>> of the cost.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Tom

TRENDING THREADS