Restore AD and Group Policies

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

when a restore the active directory using the no-authoritative mode, i can´t
acces to the Group Policy he said me no available domain controler , using
the recovery disasaters

If you have more than one domain controller, try logging onto another domain
controller such as the pdc fsmo [usually the first domain controller
installed]. Also check the dns configuration [ very important to be correct]
in your domain and use the support tools netdiag and dcdiag on your domain
controllers to check for proper configuration and look in Event Viewer for
any related errors. The links below should help. ---- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B291382 -- how
to configure dns for Active Directory.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321708 --- netdiag