GPO errors after upgrade

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have upgraded one of my domain controller from w2k to 2k3. now everytime I
open up a gpo I get

"The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has been
truncated" I get this for every single catagory. Is there any fix for this?

TIA,

--
aaron
A+,NET+,MCSE 2K/2K3,CNA,CCNA

Yup. This one is well documented at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842933

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

"aaron" <aaron@fake.net> wrote in message
>I have upgraded one of my domain controller from w2k to 2k3. now everytime
>I open up a gpo I get
>
> "The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has been
> truncated" I get this for every single catagory. Is there any fix for
> this?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> aaron