MS PPC as Media Player remote control

April 21, 2005 9:43:25 PM

Is there a program that allows me to use my PPC to remote contol Windows
Media player on my PC as well as show info on current track playing?

JP
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 11:07:40 PM

Yes, exactly that : It's called "Vinyl" though somehow their website
disappeared some months ago, it's still loaded on the web archive site
http://web.archive.org/web/20040208040938/www.pocketwer...

I've tried it and it's very very good - even supports album artwork if
you've got it available for your album metadata. It will also work
with Winamp 3.

There's a client for the PC and another you need to install for the
pocket PC, but both come in the downloaded installer.

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:43:25 +0100, "JP" <jp@jonparsons.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Is there a program that allows me to use my PPC to remote contol Windows
>Media player on my PC as well as show info on current track playing?
>
>JP

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:05:47 PM

"JP" <jp@jonparsons.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 48l7g$140$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Is there a program that allows me to use my PPC to remote contol Windows
> Media player on my PC as well as show info on current track playing?

There's a good software for this called Media Control and we have a
tutorial:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
April 23, 2005 12:02:01 AM

Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
> "JP" <jp@jonparsons.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 48l7g$140$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
>>Is there a program that allows me to use my PPC to remote contol Windows
>>Media player on my PC as well as show info on current track playing?

Google for 'VinylServer' and 'Rudeo' and that should give you two more
options. VinylServer is free and Rudeo is reasonably inexpensive.
!