GPO Loopback Processing question

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 7, 2005 10:13:58 PM

Can you have an OU with GPO running loopback processing=merge,
then have another OU (at same branch level) with another GPO running
loopback processing as well?

We have computer objects under each OU and would like to have user and
computer policies applied to the user depending upon which computer they log
into. The user objects are in a different part of the tree.

TIA,
Graham
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 12:49:51 PM

Graham-
If I understand what you're saying, you have two OUs at the same level (not
parent and child of each other) and you wish to apply loopback to each OU?
If that is the case then that is perfectly do-able.

Darren

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

"Graham Prentice" <gprentice_@_town.oakville.on.ca> wrote in message
> Can you have an OU with GPO running loopback processing=merge,
> then have another OU (at same branch level) with another GPO running
> loopback processing as well?
>
> We have computer objects under each OU and would like to have user and
> computer policies applied to the user depending upon which computer they
> log
> into. The user objects are in a different part of the tree.
>
> TIA,
> Graham

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 12:55:27 AM