GPO Loopback Processing question

Can you have an OU with GPO running loopback processing=merge,
then have another OU (at same branch level) with another GPO running
loopback processing as well?

We have computer objects under each OU and would like to have user and
computer policies applied to the user depending upon which computer they log
into. The user objects are in a different part of the tree.

TIA,
Graham
2 answers Last reply
More about loopback processing question

    Graham-
    If I understand what you're saying, you have two OUs at the same level (not
    parent and child of each other) and you wish to apply loopback to each OU?
    If that is the case then that is perfectly do-able.

    Darren

    --
    Darren Mar-Elia
    MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

    "Graham Prentice" <gprentice_@_town.oakville.on.ca> wrote in message
    > Can you have an OU with GPO running loopback processing=merge,
    > then have another OU (at same branch level) with another GPO running
    > loopback processing as well?
    >
    > We have computer objects under each OU and would like to have user and
    > computer policies applied to the user depending upon which computer they
    > log
    > into. The user objects are in a different part of the tree.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Graham

    Thanks,
    Graham

    "Darren Mar-Elia" <dmanonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Graham-
    > If I understand what you're saying, you have two OUs at the same level
    > (not parent and child of each other) and you wish to apply loopback to
    > each OU? If that is the case then that is perfectly do-able.
    >
    > Darren
    >
    > --
    > Darren Mar-Elia
    > MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy
    > Check out http://www.gpoguy.com -- The Windows Group Policy Information
    > Hub:
    > FAQs, Whitepapers and Utilities for all things Group Policy-related
    >

    > "Graham Prentice" <gprentice_@_town.oakville.on.ca> wrote in message
    >> Can you have an OU with GPO running loopback processing=merge,
    >> then have another OU (at same branch level) with another GPO running
    >> loopback processing as well?
    >>
    >> We have computer objects under each OU and would like to have user and
    >> computer policies applied to the user depending upon which computer they
    >> log
    >> into. The user objects are in a different part of the tree.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Graham

Policy Computers Microsoft Windows