removed authenticated users but no policy applied

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Microsoft
  • Permissions
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 10, 2005 4:47:33 PM

I removed authenticated users from a gpo and added a group with only the
users that the gpo will be applied to. gave the group read and apply
permissions but the gpo is not being applied on user logon. why is that

I then added authenticated users group back in and it works.

More about : removed authenticated users policy applied

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 11:11:04 PM

If the group contains some domain user accounts, then you have to be sure the
settings in the GPO to be applied are in the User Config section, not the
computer section.

Alternatively you can use gpresult to check application.

br,
Denis

!