How to create own .adm file

Hello,

I want to creste my own .adm file to control things on a few hundred servers
with different apps and settings.
The custom .adm file should include to control:
(1) System Services
(2) File system
(3) Registry
(4) Software Restriction Policy.

Thanks,
Wensi
3 answers Last reply
More about create file

    HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323639

    br,
    Denis

    "Wensi Peng" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to creste my own .adm file to control things on a few hundred servers
    > with different apps and settings.
    > The custom .adm file should include to control:
    > (1) System Services
    > (2) File system
    > (3) Registry
    > (4) Software Restriction Policy.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Wensi

    I would like to see the examples for services, file software and registry.

    I understand the article is for registry-based change. Is it for all changes
    I mentioned above?

    Wensi
    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:F5BA76CC-5ACF-4F03-92F8-6A61445A0066@microsoft.com...

    "wensi_peng" wrote:
    > I would like to see the examples for services, file software
    > and registry.
    >
    > I understand the article is for registry-based change. Is it
    > for all changes
    > I mentioned above?
    >
    > Wensi
    > "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong"
    > <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message
    > > HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows
    > 2000
    > >
    > > br,
    > > Denis
    > >
    > > "Wensi Peng" wrote:
    > >
    >  > > Hello,
    >  > >
    >  > > I want to creste my own .adm file to control things
    > on a few hundred
    > servers
    >  > > with different apps and settings.
    >  > > The custom .adm file should include to control:
    >  > > (1) System Services
    >  > > (2) File system
    >  > > (3) Registry
    >  > > (4) Software Restriction Policy.
    >  > >
    >  > > Thanks,
    >  > > Wensi
    >  > >
    >  > >
    >  > >

    Hi,

    Custom ADM’s only affect the Registery.

    Have you explored Group Policy yet to see what is already controlled
    for you. There is already a "services" section in Group Policy to
    control Services.

    File Software is only controlled via Group Policy as far as Software
    Installation.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    --