How to create own .adm file

Hello,

I want to creste my own .adm file to control things on a few hundred servers
with different apps and settings.
The custom .adm file should include to control:
(1) System Services
(2) File system
(3) Registry
(4) Software Restriction Policy.

Thanks,
Wensi

HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323639

br,
Denis

"Wensi Peng" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to creste my own .adm file to control things on a few hundred servers
> with different apps and settings.
> The custom .adm file should include to control:
> (1) System Services
> (2) File system
> (3) Registry
> (4) Software Restriction Policy.
>
> Thanks,
> Wensi

I would like to see the examples for services, file software and registry.

I understand the article is for registry-based change. Is it for all changes
I mentioned above?

Wensi
"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:F5BA76CC-5ACF-4F03-92F8-6A61445A0066@microsoft.com...

"wensi_peng" wrote:
> I would like to see the examples for services, file software
> and registry.
>
> I understand the article is for registry-based change. Is it
> for all changes
> I mentioned above?
>
> Wensi
> "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong"
> <DenisWongHongKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
> > HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows
> 2000
> >
> > br,
> > Denis
> >
> > "Wensi Peng" wrote:
> >
>  > > Hello,
>  > >
>  > > I want to creste my own .adm file to control things
> on a few hundred
> servers
>  > > with different apps and settings.
>  > > The custom .adm file should include to control:
>  > > (1) System Services
>  > > (2) File system
>  > > (3) Registry
>  > > (4) Software Restriction Policy.
>  > >
>  > > Thanks,
>  > > Wensi
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >

Hi,

Custom ADM’s only affect the Registery.

Have you explored Group Policy yet to see what is already controlled
for you. There is already a "services" section in Group Policy to
control Services.

File Software is only controlled via Group Policy as far as Software
Installation.

Cheers,

Lara

--