GigaByte GA-965P-DQ6 (rev. 2.0) Where are they?

erikthegreat

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
how can you tell the difference? i am buying one today from the local shop but am not sure how to tell the difference between the revs? is there a marking on the board somewhere?

f_donald

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
The revision number is located at the top-left corner of the board. The added heat sink under the ICH8R on a rev 2.0 is also a quick and obvious way to tell the difference.

I received a rev 2.0 from newegg.com last week but I can not say with any certainty that they are only shipping rev 2.0 boards.

architecture1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
The revision number is located at the top-left corner of the board. The added heat sink under the ICH8R on a rev 2.0 is also a quick and obvious way to tell the difference.

I received a rev 2.0 from newegg.com last week but I can not say with any certainty that they are only shipping rev 2.0 boards.

What are your plans for it? I'm trying to build a system around the rev 2, just thought I'd ask if you are building from ground up as well.

architecture1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007

How is it that some people have recieved some and yet I can't even find one for sale? Is there some sort of inital limited release?

f_donald

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Principe use if for media development (e.g, encore DVD, Premiere, Flash, Photoshop, Studio, etc). I use three LCD’s and one CRT in independent modes so the second PCIe slot, ICH8R/eSATA and processor compatibility were strong selling features based on these needs. Video encoding with my X6800 is excellent and the system is very stable with the F7 bios.

I have a rev. 1 and rev. 2 of this board but I was not expecting the rev. 2 when I ordered the second MB; both were ordered from newegg.com three weeks apart. The systems are identical down to the case and other than the rev. 2 running a little cooler than the rev 1, I have not identified measurable performance differences between the two systems (i.e., subjective, encoding times and Sandra Pro). All said, I would instinctively want the newer board if given a choice...