Policies not applying

mark

I am having problems getting policies applied to apply on my branch machines.

An Example of this is : restrict task manager.

This is replicating across all my Dc`s and is hitting machines in areas
where my DC`s sit.

I think the problem is slow link. The machines in the branches (possibly
slow links) have received a rogue slow link policy on AD set to 1. I am not
sure if this has caused our clients to stop receiving policies as outlined in
various white papers as the chicken and egg effect.

I have tried loads of things including tweaking various registry settings to
force slow link to be disabled etc.

Truth is I am not sure if it is definatly classified as a slow link or if my
policiess are set incorrectly..

I am looking into icmp issues but need to look at other options while this
is investigated.

any help appreciated.

Hi Mark

If you enable user environment debug logging on a failing client and review
the log, you should be able to tell whether it's working with what it
considers to be a slow link (or perhaps uncover another cause):

221833 How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of
Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221833

Possibly also useful:

227260 How a Slow Link Is Detected for Processing User Profiles and Group
Policy
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=227260

HTH
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having problems getting policies applied to apply on my branch
>machines.
>
> An Example of this is : restrict task manager.
>
> This is replicating across all my Dc`s and is hitting machines in areas
> where my DC`s sit.
>
> I think the problem is slow link. The machines in the branches (possibly
> slow links) have received a rogue slow link policy on AD set to 1. I am
> not
> sure if this has caused our clients to stop receiving policies as outlined
> in
> various white papers as the chicken and egg effect.
>
> I have tried loads of things including tweaking various registry settings
> force slow link to be disabled etc.
>
> Truth is I am not sure if it is definatly classified as a slow link or if
> my
> policiess are set incorrectly..
>
> I am looking into icmp issues but need to look at other options while this
> is investigated.
>
> any help appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS