rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Just thought I'd share my experiences with Visiontek graphics cards. About three months ago I purchased two visiontek 5850's and one went out in under six months. Of course I didn't keep the receipts around. Because of that, even though the serial number checks out as being in warranty, they will not even give f'ckin any tech-support. P.O.F.S. *** lifetime warranty my f'ckin ASS! Not even a single attempt to trouble shoot the issue!

That's unfortunate. Usually most companies will let such things slide and go off of the serial number if you can provide some sort of proof of ownership. Where did you purchase the cards from? Perhaps they have some sort of reciept around on their system yet. Or if you used a credit card, the statement could suffice as proof of ownership.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Naw, I paid cash for them. The worst part is the only stipulation, according to the box, is they must be registered w/i 30 days, it says nothing about proof of purchase. Both were registered, because neither of them came with the Crossfire ribbon cable or other *supposedly* included hardware. So, they were registered within 30 days of purchase..

Visiontek, I found, is notorious for doing this. They offer a lifetime warranty simply because they refuse to back it up. I've read on other forums people are actually trying to coordinate filling a "class action" lawsuit against them. Splitting the initial legal costs up between different customers who've been shafted out of a legit warranty.

One guy even sent his card in for RMA... Visiontek claims they lost it while moving to a new facility, and basically told him, tough luck we're not liable... Shafting him out completely. Total B.S...