Audit File Access

Hi,

I would like to audit who is access our files, both the success and
failures. We are running windows 2000 server that is a domain controller
with active directory. I have tried to turn on auditing by going to:
Domain Level, Default Domain Policy, Computer
Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies - Audit
Policy and checking off success and failure. then I go to the folder that I
want to audit and adjust the audit tab.who's name do I put in that tab? the
name of the person who I'd like to see if they are access the file or not?

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:40:13 -0500, "Jennifer Mar" <jmar@cityharvest.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to audit who is access our files, both the success and
>failures. We are running windows 2000 server that is a domain controller
>with active directory. I have tried to turn on auditing by going to:
>Domain Level, Default Domain Policy, Computer
>Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies - Audit
>Policy and checking off success and failure. then I go to the folder that I
>want to audit and adjust the audit tab.who's name do I put in that tab? the
>name of the person who I'd like to see if they are access the file or not?

See tip 4002 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
(wait for the article to retrieve)

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP